Is my Corsair H100i v1 suffering from fluid loss?

bjarke15

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Recently, my FX 9590 has been overheating (not an uncommon problem, but hey) and I've been wondering if my AIO could be to blame. It's a Corsair H100i v1 thats probably 5-6 years old so it is not unthinkable that it could be suffering from the effects of liquid evaporation. However, I'm not very experienced in diagnosing water coolers and I don't want to invest in a new cooler if the CPU is the real problem. Therefore, I'd like to know if there are any surefire ways of testing for fuild loss in an AIO.

As you can hear towards the end of this video, the pump makes a crackling sound sometimes, which might indicate the presence of air bubbles inside the loop: https://youtu.be/PThTiUXAqqE

Any help is much appreciated!

Solution
Gamers Nexus did a video several months ago about this. From what I remember there really isn't an easy way to tell if you have evaporation. He replaced the fluid in the AIO by removing the screw in the CPU heatsink (you can see it in your video). Let's just say it looks like it's messy as hell to do and I'll most likely just replace my H100i when the time comes with a newer model.

mgallo848

Commendable
Gamers Nexus did a video several months ago about this. From what I remember there really isn't an easy way to tell if you have evaporation. He replaced the fluid in the AIO by removing the screw in the CPU heatsink (you can see it in your video). Let's just say it looks like it's messy as hell to do and I'll most likely just replace my H100i when the time comes with a newer model.

Solution

bjarke15

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

Ok, I think I will try and replace it with a another AIO and see if it helps. Thanks for your response!