Question Is my CPU bent? Some guy on Reddit said it was and didn’t elaborate.

Lutfij

Titan
Here's something you can do yourself, place the processor onto a flat surface, like a sheet of glass(on your table) with the IHS upside down, meaning the IHS is making contact with the table's surface, If you inspect the processors PCB from the side, it should look flat, not bent.

From the pictures you've provided, I don't see a bend. Honestly you should be concerned about bent/broken pins on the CPU's socket if that processor was bent. If you're getting past the POST process, you've got nothing to worry about.

Jul 6, 2023
Here's something you can do yourself, place the processor onto a flat surface, like a sheet of glass(on your table) with the IHS upside down, meaning the IHS is making contact with the table's surface, If you inspect the processors PCB from the side, it should look flat, not bent.

From the pictures you've provided, I don't see a bend. Honestly you should be concerned about bent/broken pins on the CPU's socket if that processor was bent. If you're getting past the POST process, you've got nothing to worry about.
Maybe the next time I repaste or swap my CPU cooler because I’m too lazy to clean it again. Right now it POSTs and I didn’t even think there was an issue until the guy commented. I even ran some benchmarks to make sure I pasted properly and nothing bad happened. I did set the CPU down on my table when I was cleaning it and it seemed to sit flat on the table, although that was with the IHS facing up. The guy later deleted his comment so I guess he changed his mind about what he said? I wonder what he saw that made him say that. I guess I’ll never know. Maybe the weird design of the IHS on the 7000 series threw him off

The pins on the motherboard looked fine from what I remember, although I wasn’t looking for damage. If anything real bad was going on I would’ve noticed.

Reactions: artk2219
I posted a thread asking if I needed to clean up the excess thermal paste around my 7800X3D, and someone said I should be more worried about the fact that it’s bent. These were the only pictures provided. Is there a bend noticeable in these pictures?

View: https://imgur.com/a/bWThI67
It looks fine to me as well, and the fact that it posts means it should be fine. I think someone just wanted to mess with you a bit hah.

TRENDING THREADS