Question Is my cpu done for? BSODS

Jun 16, 2020
I recently got my motherboard repaired as its power IC got damaged. The repair man said processor might be done for but it did run. After 1day i got BSOD with errors like System thread exception not handled ( Wdf01000.sys , Ntfs.sys ) And Kmode extension not handled.
After these bluescreens i thought maybe its windows. So i booted into ubuntu for first boot it got to desktop then the pc straigh up froze not responding at all. Then later i tried again but now it does not even go to desktop and it just freezes in the Ubuntu loading part( The one with 5dots ).
Does that mean my processor is done for? I did stress test it the temps were fine. And it was running fine until today.

It's hard to say if it's the processor or the motherboard...both might actually be toast. You can chase bad components around forever on a motherboard that's been damaged. Also keep in mind if the motherboard failed due to a power issue that same failure may have damaged other items like memory and hard drives as well.

I would recommend trying to find a replacement for the motherboard before assuming the cpu is bad...once you have a replacement board move your other hardware over and run some rigorous testing using apps like Memtest to verify the other components are still good.

Jun 16, 2020
So far i haven't gotten any BSOD i left pc on overnight. Now the issue i am getting is my GPU sometimes gives dispaly sometiems not. I have to plug out plug in my gpu and restart pc several times to get a image.