Question Is my CPU done for?

Caine The Rook

Prominent
Oct 15, 2022
Hey all! I've seen a lot of posts about this, however none that I could find; touch directly on my current situation.
So I just completed my second build and it was a conversion from all Intel parts to AMD. I completed the build and everything worked FANTASTIC. The thing is though that when I finished this build, I completed it with an AIO that I intended on putting in my fiancés build once all of the parts for hers arrived. With these parts MY AIO would come as well. Once they got here I built out her PC and the only thing left would be to remove her AIO from my PC, insert it into hers, and reinstall the new AIO into my computer BUT here's where it gets all screwy. I removed the AIO from my PC when it was vertical with the table. Everything seemed fine until I went to install mine and noticed that my CPU had fallen out of the motherboard and landed pin side up on top of my GPU. As you could imagine panic set in and I picked up my CPU gently and examined it. Everything seemed fine aside from the fact that a small amount of thermal paste got onto the pins. I didn't think much of it as no "damage" was visible and I moved on from there. I reinstalled my CPU, installed my AIO and placed my PC back onto my desk and without testing anything went to bed for the night. The following day however I got home and tried to turn on my PC and nothing happened... CPU light was on, on the EZ Debug light. I did as much research as possible, and here is the path that I followed:

1: Removed AIO and CPU to inspect for damage again to no avail. (Forum said that the AIO could have been seated wrong causing the pins to not make full contact.)
Reinstalled parts and test was a fail.
2: Removed AIO and CPU to spend more time searching for bent pins. (FOUND BENT PIN! A single bent pin that I perhaps missed from the first two inspections.)
Felt like a dumbass
3: Carefully bent CPU pin back to its original position, making sure to discharge any static before attempting. (Pin was as close to original as I could get it and after reseating the CPU I exercised the arm on the motherboard to ensure it was aligned as possible.)
4: Reinstalled AIO and ran test. Same result.....
5: Removed AIO and CPU and took a toothbrush, dipped into 90% isopropyl and lightly ran the bristles over pins until all thermal paste was removed. Reinstalled parts. Same result.....
6: Removed CMOS battery for 5 mins. Same result.....
7: Began running POST tests, leaving only my CPU, AIO, one RAM stick.
Realized that I don't have a way to test for beeps. So feeling like a failure began to reinstall all parts one by one attempting a boot after each piece. After the GPU and the NVME (holding my boot software) were installed, THE PC BOOTED!!!
8: Reinstalled parts and the PC booted again without fail.
9: Realized I missed a part. My second 8gb RAM stick. No biggie! I booted down, unplugged, discharged static, Installed RAM, plugged in, pressed power button..... Nothing.....
10: Removed RAM, tried again, BOOT. Thought B2 RAM slot was bad so I took RAM from B1, placed in B2, BOOT. Thought RAM stick was bad, placed RAM from original B2 slot into B1, BOOT. Placed both RAM sticks into A1 and A2, FAIL.

After I came to realize that my PC would only boot with one RAM stick I followed a few more steps to try and fix the issue. Ensured my BIOS was up to date. Ensured that the frequency was correct for the specs on my RAM. Still these wouldn't work. So after spending all of my time after work for the past 4 days I'm here.... At my wits end.... So tell me TH family....

Is my CPU done for?