Is my CPU not working correctly?

jacksonpetz44

Reputable
Oct 14, 2018
So my Intel Core i7-8700K Processor is getting to 120 F and RPM fan speeds of only 700-800 I had gotten a notification that my fan wasn't working and I should check the connection and I did made sure everything was plugged in and everything was but I don't know if these things are normal what I'm getting I don't wanna push my CPU too far and end up damaging it. If anyone knows if the temp is normal and RPM is please let me know and if not what I should do to fix it

Solution
F or Celcius? We don't generally measure PC thermal values in Fahrenheit. Celsius is the normal default standard. You need to make sure which you are actually looking at.

120°F wouldn't be a real big problem. 120°C is a REAL BIG PROBLEM and if it's Celsius you are cooking your CPU and need to stop using it until you figure out what the cooling issue is.

Normal temps should not exceed 80°C under a full load.
F or Celcius? We don't generally measure PC thermal values in Fahrenheit. Celsius is the normal default standard. You need to make sure which you are actually looking at.

120°F wouldn't be a real big problem. 120°C is a REAL BIG PROBLEM and if it's Celsius you are cooking your CPU and need to stop using it until you figure out what the cooling issue is.

Normal temps should not exceed 80°C under a full load.

Solution

jacksonpetz44

Reputable
Oct 14, 2018

Okay thank you that means my CPU is working normal thank you for letting me know