is my CPU running hotter than it should?

LCMK22

Commendable
May 31, 2016
Hey guys! I think I've got a cooling issue on my laptop.

So, I'm running on a HP pavilion 15 laptop, but it was as promised by the guy I bought it from to be a "gaming laptop".
The specs are AMD Radeon HD 8760M and Intel Core i5 due core 2,6ghz.

The main problem I've got is that my fps (frames per second) is decreasing while my laptop turns hotter. So for example, I'm playing a fps game, and when I start, I check the temperature on both my cores. They are usually at around 42 C each. Whenever my game has been running for about 10-15 minutes, the fps has gone from maybe 200 to 60, and the cores are now 60 C. I thought it was a heating issue since I just updated my drivers for my GPU. (Before this I got around 80-100 fps all the time, after I got 200). It seemed that my laptop was having issues cooling itself properly and even though 60 C is quite normal for a laptop thats running games, I thought that it would probably help buying a cooling-pad (unsure about the english name since I'm swedish), but it's a Cooler Master NotePal XL. I installed it and realised it made absolutely no change at all. My cores were still running at 60 C.

Maybe I should try cleaning the fan? I'm not a fan (hehe) of dissassembling of my entire laptop, mostly because I don't know too much about all parts in general.

Ive heard you can blow some high-canned air inside the fan and it might remove any dust that's in there. I've never done it and that might be the thing. Would this be a reason to my cores running hot though? My PC is literally just hot by the air extinguish, and the rest of the computer is fairly cool.

Do you guys have any suggestions to what I should do? I'm sure I can get 200 fps and a cooler CPU in some way...

Solution
"Gaming" can be a lot of things, laptops are primarily made for light power use and power saving, not highest performance. When overloaded it's quite normal to heat up.