[SOLVED] Is my existing PSU okay to use with RX570?

normiecs23

Reputable
Aug 19, 2018
Hey guys, so my local store just released a discount on RX 570's from 250USD to about 160USD and I'm looking to buy one.

However, I don't plan on upgrading my PSU for nowand I'm not sure if it is able to handle an RX570 4GB.

My PSU is a Thermaltake Litepower 450W, yes I know, its trash - but I picked this up as part of a bundle for free and wanted to know if the RX570 is capable of being used with this PSU. I do not plan on overclocking because I'm playing mainly eSport titles like CS:GO, Overwatch, League, Rocket League etc.

Is it okay to use it?

Solution
Burn that PSU with fire or use as paperweight. Since you didn't pay for it, I'm not going to poke fun at you. You should look at a reliable unit. Where are you located and how much can you spare for the PSU? I'd suggest looking into Seasonic's M12II or S12II unit's. They should be good for a long while.

Lutfij

Titan
Burn that PSU with fire or use as paperweight. Since you didn't pay for it, I'm not going to poke fun at you. You should look at a reliable unit. Where are you located and how much can you spare for the PSU? I'd suggest looking into Seasonic's M12II or S12II unit's. They should be good for a long while.

Solution