Question Is my GPU broken? Fans spin for 2 seconds, doesnt output to display.

Feb 6, 2021
I built a new pc today, booted it up everything posted fine. I installed windows, updated everything and installed all relevant drivers everything was working fine.

This afternoon i took the gpu out to plug a argb fan into the mobo, when i reinstalled the gpu the system has failed to post. The fans on the gpu turn for about 2 seconds and stop, the card starts to get hot so is drawing power but there is no display output and the rgb radeon logo is no longer lit.

I have tried a different gpu in the system and that was fine.

Im all out of ideas, i thought potentially the it could be that the gpu is not recieving enough power ??

I built a new pc today, booted it up everything posted fine. I installed windows, updated everything and installed all relevant drivers everything was working fine.

This afternoon i took the gpu out to plug a argb fan into the mobo, when i reinstalled the gpu the system has failed to post. The fans on the gpu turn for about 2 seconds and stop, the card starts to get hot so is drawing power but there is no display output and the rgb radeon logo is no longer lit.

I have tried a different gpu in the system and that was fine.

Im all out of ideas, i thought potentially the it could be that the gpu is not recieving enough power ??

Probably a simple question but, Did you try to remove that argb cable and tried the system without it?