Question Is my GPU causing corruption?

Jun 2, 2021
I've been trying to fix this for a while now, but I can't pinpoint the cause. I've had this issue where every so often my screen will become corrupted and I'll have to restart to fix it. The corruption can be recorded though things like shadowplay and it can be screenshotted. I have some images at View: http://imgur.com/a/HOlJc7p
. I have tested my memory and it came back good. Also cleanly installed latest drivers. Would it be possible to tell whether or not this is a software or a hardware issue?

I am using:

ASRock b460m pro4
MSI 3070 Ventus 2x OC
i7-10700f

and the Windows 10 build when it last happened was 19042.985.

Any help is appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Can you check and see what your BIOS version for the motherboard is? What is the make and model of your PSU? By a clean install of your GPU drivers, are you referring to using DDU to remove your GPU drivers? If so, try reinstalling the latest GPU drivers on your platform in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

If all else fails, please backup all critical content, fabricate your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools and then reinstall the OS.

Jun 2, 2021
Hello.

My BIOS is version 1.50. MY PSU is a corsair cs650m. By clean install I do mean uninstalling with DDU, yes. I will try installing elevated. I have already reinstalled the OS before using the Media Creation, and it didn't fix it unfortunately. I did reinstall due to a different reason though. My main goal right now is to find out whether or not it's my GPU causing this, or my motherboard or different component, or if it is a software issue. I did have my GPU undervolted, but I recently brought it back up to regular voltage since the last occurrence and I'm not sure if that would be the reason since the symptoms are so weird.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021
I'm also not sure if this really could be something caused by the gpu? Like text becoming blocks, and only certain images or windows becoming corrupted. I'm still worried it could be, but it's such a weird issue it's hard to discern what could be causing it. I'm not sure if it's a sign that it's something other than the gpu if it's only corrupting certain windows and text, and not the entire screen?