Jun 14, 2016
Specs:
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 Fallout 4 Edition
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8
PSU: Corsair CV650
SSD: Samsung 750 EVO

I recently replaced almost my entire PC because it stopped turning on at all because of my PSU (I think) with a new CPU, PSU, RAM, and MOBO, but I kept my GPU, SSD, and case. After getting everything situated, I turned it on but I got no video and my card's fans sometimes spin. What I mean by sometimes is that sometimes when I turn it on they spin a tiny bit then stop, then spin, then stop. Or sometimes they spin normally, or sometimes they spin very loudly. On my MOBO the LEDs for the RAM are lit up but the troubleshooting ones are not. I doublechecked all connections, tested my monitor and cables, and reset the CMOS, but still nothing. I'm fearing that my card is dead. I can't test my card in a new PC or vice versa rn, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

EDIT: I found my old GPU (a GTX 750 Ti) and I now have display. So this basically means my GPU is dead right?

Last edited:
Solution
The GPU you've tried to get display out of is lower in power draw than the GTX970, this could be a PSU issue, since the CV unit isn't a reliably built unit. You should've looked into a CX650M unit.

You will need to take the card to a donor system with more than 500W of power for the entire system at your disposal to se if the GTX970 outputs anything, if not, then you have a dead card.

Lutfij

Titan
The GPU you've tried to get display out of is lower in power draw than the GTX970, this could be a PSU issue, since the CV unit isn't a reliably built unit. You should've looked into a CX650M unit.

You will need to take the card to a donor system with more than 500W of power for the entire system at your disposal to se if the GTX970 outputs anything, if not, then you have a dead card.

Reactions: PureChrome
Solution