[SOLVED] Is my gpu dead?

Jan 21, 2022
I bought a used gtx 480 from eBay listed as used from a trusted seller and the description said the item was working fine and I installed it into my system and it would not power on at all the fans will spin for about half a second and then I’ll have to let my pc sit with the psu off for about 30 seconds before it will do that again. I tried clearing the cmos multiple times I tried messing with bois settings related to the gpu I tried different modular cables different ram and even using a hairdryer to reflow the solder and nothing worked. Is there anything else I can try or is my gpu dead? I don’t have a different system to test sadly. My specs are
Hp pavilon p7 1207c motherboard
Amd a8 3850 apu
Evga 650w psu

Solution
it's always possible that a seller on eBay is just unloading junk.
they should have a fair return/refund policy though.

also possible that this OEM motherboard can't supply enough power through the PCIe slot even with added power supply connection(s).
or that it may not have proper drivers for this task.
Is there anything else I can try or is my gpu dead?
try it in a real gaming system that you know can run an even more powerful model GPU,
if yours still doesn't power up then it's dead.
I don’t have a different system to test
doesn't have to be your own system;
find a friend, co-worker, family member, neighbor, or even pay a local shop that will test hardware if you really have no associates with a decent computer.
it's always possible that a seller on eBay is just unloading junk.
they should have a fair return/refund policy though.

also possible that this OEM motherboard can't supply enough power through the PCIe slot even with added power supply connection(s).
or that it may not have proper drivers for this task.
Is there anything else I can try or is my gpu dead?
try it in a real gaming system that you know can run an even more powerful model GPU,
if yours still doesn't power up then it's dead.
I don’t have a different system to test
doesn't have to be your own system;
find a friend, co-worker, family member, neighbor, or even pay a local shop that will test hardware if you really have no associates with a decent computer.
Hp pavilon p7 1207c motherboard
Amd a8 3850 apu
Evga 650w psu
the best option for you would be to get rid of this old weak thing and build a decent system of your own though.

Solution