Jun 26, 2024
CPU: AMD 2700x
GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor (no overclock)
5 years 4 months old (in June 2024)

I was playing valorant and suddenly the game crashed saying "Graphic Driver Crashed! Make sure your graphic drivers are up to date".
After 10 minutes, I get many pixels on the screen. [Image]
Then almost the whole screen started pixelating with a couple of automatic restarts. [Image]
After 5 minutes of looking through pixels, another restart brought me to 800 x 600 resolution with one monitor giving no signal (in a dual monitor setup)

I tried with different cables & multiple display port slots but no combination started both monitors.

Device Manager's GPU status: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

So I did a driver uninstall with DDU in safe mode + offline and reinstalled the driver with the exe downloaded from Nvidia's website. This made no change in resolution or device manager status. Nvidia control panel doesn't launch.

I tried installing drivers with Geforce Experience too and even though it did install the drivers but just before finishing the installation, it displayed a full screen of glitched pixels [Image] and then back to installation with a success popup. After installing, Geforce still shows the two installation buttons (express & custom) [as if the drivers were not installed for some reason].

Sometimes the Gigabyte Motherboard boot logo comes up with a lot of glitches too. [image]

For now I can boot on GPU at 800 x 600 resolution but the Unigine Heaven Benchmark doesn't start.

I am not completely sure if the GPU is dead or not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Open up GPU-Z and see if you see any sectors mentioned with a 0(zero). You've already confirmed that you're seeing an error code 43.

One other thing we need you to do is include your full specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
^ that might lend some hint as to why your GPU might've failed(either thermally or due to a bad PSU).

Jun 26, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Open up GPU-Z and see if you see any sectors mentioned with a 0(zero). You've already confirmed that you're seeing an error code 43.

One other thing we need you to do is include your full specs like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
^ that might lend some hint as to why your GPU might've failed(either thermally or due to a bad PSU).
Thank you for the welcome.

Here is the GPU-Z Sensors Page. Gpu Clock & Memory Clock are 0 MHz. Apart from that, memory size also says 0 MB on the Graphic Card tab.

Full Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
CPU cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi
Bios Version: F4 (8/8/2018)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB, 3000 MHz (8x2) CL16 (XMP On)
SSD/HDD: Kingston A400 SSD (480 GB)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 (MSI Armor 8GB)
PSU: Corsair TX 650M 80+ Gold
Chassis: Corsair 570x Rgb
Monitor: Dell VA 144hz 2ms 1080p & BenQ IPS 75hz 5ms 1080p

Same age for all parts: 5 years 4 months on June 2024

Thank you for the welcome.

Here is the GPU-Z Sensors Page. Gpu Clock & Memory Clock are 0 MHz. Apart from that, memory size also says 0 MB on the Graphic Card tab.

Full Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
CPU cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WiFi
Bios Version: F4 (8/8/2018)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB, 3000 MHz (8x2) CL16 (XMP On)
SSD/HDD: Kingston A400 SSD (480 GB)
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 (MSI Armor 8GB)
PSU: Corsair TX 650M 80+ Gold
Chassis: Corsair 570x Rgb
Monitor: Dell VA 144hz 2ms 1080p & BenQ IPS 75hz 5ms 1080p

Same age for all parts: 5 years 4 months on June 2024

To me it looks like a ram chip on the card has gone bad it could be 1 chip could be all of them. A repair shop may be able to replace the chips.

Other thing to check is GPU temperatures could be failing thermal pads and paste.

I personally repasted my 2060 super cause the temps where god awful.

Reactions: gmacv