Question Is my GPU dead?

Jul 17, 2024
PC Specs:
R5 5600x
B450m steel legend Just updated to latest BIOS
6800 Nitro +
EVGA Nova G2 750W PSU bought in 2019
16GB 3200mhz RAM

Hi, so I have been having problems with my GPU Recently, the fault is, I’m getting NO display output at all, not even boot screen.

This card has been working perfectly up until recently, when it first said no signal, I managed to temporarily fix it by removing all USB devices, then booting up and it would work, I was only able to do this a few times before this stopped fixing it.

I reseated RAM, GPU and reset BIOS. It worked after that, then went straight back to no signal after a restart. Now nothing fixes it that used to.

All LEDS light up like normal and nothing seems out of the unordinary.

I recently put in an gt 210 which worked, I also tried removing all AMD drivers with DDU but did nothing.

It’s weird because it’s not like I had any performance issues at all, no artifacts etc, and was running fine 1440p RDR2.

I have tried 2 different monitors, different ports and different cables and a different 16x slot.

Thank you, Jackson.

Last edited:
Hey, thank you! I got my PSU brand new in 2019.

Motherboard is a B450M Steel Legend from Asrock, on BIOS version P4.60 .

Thanks for replying!

possibly a motherboard or power supply issue

if you had to remove usb to get it started that update your bios and check the bios boot order make sure its not set to a usb.

also replace the 2032 battery in the board it could be failing

Jul 17, 2024
Really, a PSU issue? I thought I had a decent one from EVGA, and are supposed to last a while?

Also could it still be a motherboard failure even if the PC still boots? Even with my 6800 in, and a usb to 3.5 jack I can hear the windows boot up sound with my headphones, just of course no signal..

I’ve updated my BIOS to 10.30 the latest version, and I’ll order a new battery for it

Also, no it wasn’t trying to boot from a USB, I had to unplug pretty much everything, keyboard, mouse, mic, etc. but of course that solution stopped working for some reason.

And a failing battery can cause no display? Even if it’s working with another card, albeit is obviously low power

This 6800 has been working fine since December last year, not sure why it’s stopped, the only thing changed was I got a new monitor recently, but even then it worked on that until some days after when this problem occurred.

Thanks for replying!