Question Is my gpu dead?

Sep 13, 2024
Hello, this morning when I came from school , upon turning on my pc there was no signal. When I took a closer look at the gpu it's fans weren't spinning... Btw the gpu in question is a XFX AMD Radeon RX 570 8gb version . So as an unexperienced person I tried restarting my pc to see if that will fix the issue. When the pc turns on the fans on the gpu seem to start spining then stop after 5-7 seconds and no signal too. The thing I tried was reseting the bios by removing the CMOS battery from the mobo, That didn't work either. Only when I installed my old quadro 2000 1gb I got signal, So I know the motherboard isn't the problem. But when I tried plugging in the gpu again it didn't work... Can someone help me try to make it work beacuse I don't want to waste this gpu if there is even slightest chance for it to work
-----------------------------------------------
CPU: i5-7500
CPU cooler: Intel stock cooler
Motherboard: Asus b150m-c
Ram: 2x Crucial 4gb sticks 2666mhz and 1x Kingston stick 2400mhz
SSD/HDD: Ssd 240gb, 500GB Hdd (os is on ssd)
GPU: XFX Radeon AMD RX 570 8GB
PSU: Gigabyte PB 500
Chassis: Cougar MX410 Mesh-G RGB MIDI tower
Monitor: ASUS VS228DE 21.5" Monitor, FHD (1920x1080), D-Sub
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm using a hdmi adatper to connect the monitor to the gpu, it works just fine I'm sure it is not the problem

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Please include the other GPU's you'd used to troubleshoot your build. The one's you've mentioned don't share the same power draw.