Question Is my GPU dying?

karolm

Distinguished
May 9, 2015
Hey i have weird problem. Last weekend i was playing games on my computer and my main monitor just turned off after around 10 min of swaping cables i was able to get the screen back on. everything was working fine next day i did turn on and off few time tho but only for few seconds. Today i could not get the monitor to turn on at all, to be clear i am taking about main monitor i am running 3 setup monitor and other two are fine. after 2 h and complete windows wipe iwas able to get it back up but now it flick off and on almost every 1min or so also relized i cant push the monitor up to 240 hz for some reazon it doesnt accept it i can be on 144 hz. I tried difreent cable it didnt work wipe of windows didnt work tried swaping to old monitor also doing same thing . While other 2 monitor are running complete fine this one is still turning on and off and i am not sure why. Do you think it migh be my gpu dying and not handle 3 monitor at the same time anymore ? i have GTX 4080 btw been playing on this comp for around year with no problem. And also tried unplugging one of the monitors by main one still flickering . GPU TEMP is 40c btw

karolm

Distinguished
May 9, 2015
I connected same monitor with different cable but same issue. Also had old monitor and connected it and same problem . That what I was thinking first that It had to be monitor but after connecting old one that I know it worked and had same problem I do not know anymore.