[SOLVED] Is my GPU exploding? (IMPORTANT)

TheDomingo007

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017
Hello,
I wanted to tell you about a recent problem i'm having while quitting my games (Subnautica, Overwatch, Cod: Modern Warfare..)
What happens is that some purple and red squares flash on my screen and it fills with these squares until they crash my folders or, in the worst case, shut down my PC.
I have: GTX 970 Zotac ( I had a problem with its fans so i replaced them while it was under warranty, then i swapped them with Arctic Accelero Twin Turbo III);
Intel I5 9400F;
16 GB DDR4 3000Hz;
Gigabyte Z390 UD;
I'll attach a video and a photo so that you can understand better what's my problem
Thanks bye
View: https://imgur.com/EqSqczS

View: https://imgur.com/o5LplHl

Solution
Likely, your graphics card is bad.
But, there are other possibilities:

The monitor could be going bad.
The cable connection to your monitor is loose or defective.
A poor quality or failing power supply can cause strange issues.
A psu power cable could be defective or not seated well.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Hi @TheDomingo007

Bummer about the artifacts on your screen. A quick and easy test to see if it's the GPU or Monitor would be to hook your PC up to your TV. If the GPU is bad, you'll have the same issues. You can also connect your monitor up to a game console or a friends PC. If the monitor was bad, you'd more than likely have the same issues.

You said you replaced the fans. What are your current temps?

Used DDR to remove old drivers before installing the newest drivers?

Whats your PSU?

Reactions: digitalgriffin
Solution

TheDomingo007

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017
Hi @TheDomingo007

Bummer about the artifacts on your screen. A quick and easy test to see if it's the GPU or Monitor would be to hook your PC up to your TV. If the GPU is bad, you'll have the same issues. You can also connect your monitor up to a game console or a friends PC. If the monitor was bad, you'd more than likely have the same issues.

You said you replaced the fans. What are your current temps?

Used DDR to remove old drivers before installing the newest drivers?

Whats your PSU?
I'll try that; with the new Arctic fans i never get up to 70° C, I get up to 60° C in MW.
Yes I'm trying right now to unistall the drivers with DDR and reinstall them; 700 W 80 plus Gold is my PSU. Thank you for your answers ^^

TheDomingo007

Commendable
Mar 26, 2017

The monitor is new, it's a Samsung C27Jg52 i got 4 months ago; Cables are new as well, power works just as fine. The GPU is 4 and a half years ago, I got it with my previous computer setup, then i updated CPU, RAM, got a new HardDisk, and so on. I really don't wanna buy a new GPU right now..