Is my GPU faulty? HDMI No Signal

moviemakerxx

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
I have a GTX 670 which for the most part has been running great since I got it. Unfortunately I'm having an issue with my hdmi port. I have my tv plugged into my hdmi port and it was working fine but all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. I plug the cable into the GPU but my tv keeps displaying no signal.

I've checked the tv and the hdmi cord by plugging them into my Apple tv instead and it works fine. So, it seems like its a problem with my hdmi output on my gpu. However, it still shows no signal when I plug it into my motherboard.

I've gone through all of the steps online to make it so that I can output through both my motherboard and GPU and I have Virtu MVP installed which I believe should allow me to do that.

Is this still a problem with my GPU or is something else going on that's keeping me from using the hdmi output on my computer?
Thanks for your help!
Dylan

Solution
Well, the answer is pretty clear. You need to RMA Your GTX 670 :\ there is only one way to "disable" the functionality of selected ports on Your graphics card, via firmware, that cannot be changed overall. This is 99% hardware failure :\ I've had the same on few of GTX 680 lately.

You could try shot in the darkness, which won't work, just for the sake of experiment, change PCi-e slot, even for the slower one.
Well, the answer is pretty clear. You need to RMA Your GTX 670 :\ there is only one way to "disable" the functionality of selected ports on Your graphics card, via firmware, that cannot be changed overall. This is 99% hardware failure :\ I've had the same on few of GTX 680 lately.

You could try shot in the darkness, which won't work, just for the sake of experiment, change PCi-e slot, even for the slower one.

Solution

moviemakerxx

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

I thought this too. I was just confused as to why the HDMI port on my motherboard wouldn't work either. Would the GPU cause this?

No, that's really weird. Can You get another HDMi cable? And try it with that? I know it worked on Your Apple TV and stuff, but just for the sake of experiment.

One very important thing, do You see the device in nvidia control panel? Are You only unable to tick it? Or don't You see it at all?

moviemakerxx

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007

It doesn't show up at all