Is my GPU on the way out?

Oily_Goat

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015
lately I have been experiencing multiple issues with my computer and I am wondering if they are being caused by my graphics card or if some other component is to blame.

Specs:
Operating system - Windows 10
Graphics Card - GeForce GTX 760 OC 2GB
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H
Processor - Intel Core i7 3770 Quad Core 3.4GHz
RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws-X 8GB
Power Supply - Corsair CX750M

Problems include:
- A black screen after the windows logo on startup. When I startup my pc the windows logo and loading circle appear and then then I am left with a black screen, or in some cases my screen receives no signal and goes to sleep.

- Screen receives no signal. All my peripherals light up and my motherboard beeps indicating a startup however nothing appears on screen. (No windows logo or motherboard boot screen)

- Nvidia display drivers stop working then recover. While using the pc I receive the "display drivers have stopped working" error. In some cases the pc continues normally, although it most often begins freezing both video and sound on and off every 10 seconds. (This problem usually occurs while playing video games)

- Freezes. The screen freezes, however I can still hear sound and transmit my voice over open applications.

- Blue screen on start up. Occasionally I receive a blue screen with the error "Video_TDR_Failure NVLDDMKM.SYS"

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 before some of these problems started to occur. However the Display driver and freezing problem occasionally happened before the upgrade.

I would appreciate any help you could give me and I thank anyone in advance for their replies.

Solution
The problem is located with your Nvidia Display Drivers, I recommend completely uninstalling them and removing any former trace, then reinstall the latest stable drivers. after that you will be fine.

bailojustin

Distinguished
Please upload your cash dump files into a .rar and put on Dropbox so I may debug the problem driver.

Do you use macafee, Symantec endpoint, or any other ant virus programs including malware like malware bytes?

Your best bet is after I found the root cause you should do a complete and fresh reinstall of nvidia drivers. Windows 10 has cause many errors with nvidia drivers having trouble communicationg. Once I see the dump file give me 20 mins and I will come back to you with an answer brother

Make sure you download the d4ive ahead of time and place it somewhere you will remember

Oily_Goat

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

Thank you for the quick reply. I am currently using AVG anti virus software but have used Malware Bytes in the past.
I am new to dump files so hopefully this is the file you need. https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dhd1f7k065gyr0/121415-35500-01.rar?dl=0

Oily_Goat

Reputable
Feb 7, 2015

I will attempt this shortly and return with the results.