Question Is my graphic card damaged or my cpu?

Sep 6, 2021
After 3-4 hours of gameplay my monitor suddenly stops working showing no display,as i can hear my friend on discord but they can't hear me and I can't use my mouse and keyboard also i have to plug out my whole cpu and restart again...plzz help

i have to plug out my whole cpu and restart again
what troubleshooting have you done that lead you to this as a temporary solution?
there is no issue that should arise that would require you to reseat the CPU unless it just wasn't seated properly to begin with.

what happens when you just power down by holding the front panel power button for a few seconds after one of these "blackouts"?
does the system not power back up again when attempting?

Sep 6, 2021
what troubleshooting have you done that lead you to this as a temporary solution?
there is no issue that should arise that would require you to reseat the CPU unless it just wasn't seated properly to begin with.

what happens when you just power down by holding the front panel power button for a few seconds after one of these "blackouts"?
does the system not power back up again when attempting?
It usually hangs and doesn't startup even after holding power button...there should'nt be any problem as my processor and mb are brand new

usually hangs and doesn't startup even after holding power button...
when i press power button for too long error message popes up saying you're holding power button for too long
this is when you've had a screen blackout and you want to shutdown the system
or when you are attempting to power back up?

while the system is powered you should only hold the power button down when attempting an emergency shutdown.
there should'nt be any problem as my processor and mb are brand new
this doesn't mean much.
there are hundreds of threads created here at Tom's alone every week by users with brand new components seeing similar issue and much worse.

regarding your temporary solution of removing and reseating the CPU constantly;
try just switching off the power supply and then holding the case power button for a moment to discharge any residual power. then switch back on the PSU and try powering up again.
you can also just reset the CMOS and see if that is an easier temporary solution for now.

Sep 6, 2021
this is when you've had a screen blackout and you want to shutdown the system
or when you are attempting to power back up?

while the system is powered you should only hold the power button down when attempting an emergency shutdown.

this doesn't mean much.
there are hundreds of threads created here at Tom's alone every week by users with brand new components seeing similar issue and much worse.

regarding your temporary solution of removing and reseating the CPU constantly;
try just switching off the power supply and then holding the case power button for a moment to discharge any residual power. then switch back on the PSU and try powering up again.
you can also just reset the CMOS and see if that is an easier temporary solution for now.
Yeah after blackout and want to shut the system

InvalidError

Titan
You shouldn't need to hold the power button any longer than necessary to make sure it bottomed out for the PC to turn on. If you need to hold it longer than that to make something happen, there may be something wrong with the PSU or motherboard.

You shouldn't need to remove the CPU to get the PC to boot again, so that is definitely not normal operation, something is defective somewhere.

Could it be my psu?thats causing this mess
Yes, unstable or otherwise dirty power can cause almost every problem imaginable. Bad 5VSB for example can cause PCs to randomly shutdown, fail to power up, randomly wake up from sleep, fail to resume from sleep, cause loss of CMOS data, etc.

Sep 6, 2021
You shouldn't need to hold the power button any longer than necessary to make sure it bottomed out for the PC to turn on. If you need to hold it longer than that to make something happen, there may be something wrong with the PSU or motherboard.

You shouldn't need to remove the CPU to get the PC to boot again, so that is definitely not normal operation, something is defective somewhere.

Yes, unstable or otherwise dirty power can cause almost every problem imaginable. Bad 5VSB for example can cause PCs to randomly shutdown, fail to power up, randomly wake up from sleep, fail to resume from sleep, cause loss of CMOS data, etc.
So should i buy a new psu?

I’ve never heard of that power supply, so first thing is to start with a new good quality unit so you know you are getting clean power. I once had a cheap power supply fry ports on a motherboard years ago. So definitely want to upgrade it. If you look under the power supply section there should be a thread that shows a tier list of power supplies.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Sep 6, 2021
I’ve never heard of that power supply, so first thing is to start with a new good quality unit so you know you are getting clean power. I once had a cheap power supply fry ports on a motherboard years ago. So definitely want to upgrade it. If you look under the power supply section there should be a thread that shows a tier list of power supplies.
Ok thanks a lot

No problem. They are a little pricier, but I’d recommend looking at something in the Corsair rmx line. If you want to save money look at their rm lineup as well. Seasonic makes some great stuff also. You just don’t want to take out any of your new components with the power supply you are using.

Sep 6, 2021
No problem. They are a little pricier, but I’d recommend looking at something in the Corsair rmx line. If you want to save money look at their rm lineup as well. Seasonic makes some great stuff also. You just don’t want to take out any of your new components with the power supply you are using.
Gigabyte b700h (700wt) 80+ bronze is it good?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Gigabyte b700h (700wt) 80+ bronze is it good?

It is not at all. Better than your current PSU, but you could say the same for a crate of raspberries.

The RX 580 is a spikey mid-range GPU. I could not in good conscience recommend anything below a Tier B for something like this on the curated PSU tier list we house here.

Sep 6, 2021
It is not at all. Better than your current PSU, but you could say the same for a crate of raspberries.

The RX 580 is a spikey mid-range GPU. I could not in good conscience recommend anything below a Tier B for something like this on the curated PSU tier list we house here.

How about cooler master v2 80+ bronze 550wt

This is your current circle psu.

Circle-Raw-Power-500-Watt-12V-Rail.jpg

It roughly a 300w unit so yeah I'm absolutely with the other guys, this is very likely a psu problem.

The 580 is an awkward gpu, I've had issues with a Corsair cx550 (which is a fairly decent quality unit) in that gpu power spikes caused it to black screen and require a reboot.
Should easily have been enough but it wasn't.

What country are you located in and what is your budget??

Sep 6, 2021
This is your current circle psu.

Circle-Raw-Power-500-Watt-12V-Rail.jpg

It roughly a 300w unit so yeah I'm absolutely with the other guys, this is very likely a psu problem.

The 580 is an awkward gpu, I've had issues with a Corsair cx550 (which is a fairly decent quality unit) in that gpu power spikes caused it to black screen and require a reboot.
Should easily have been enough but it wasn't.

What country are you located in and what is your budget??
M in india lets say about 4000inr

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Its because of my psu only as i was previously playing in high performance power mode which was spiking my power usage beyond my psu and now i was playing in medium (recommended) power mode it didn't happen.

That doesn't mean it was safe before the crashing. You appear to have a misconception that this is simply a case of having enough output or not, and that's not really how any of this works. Your current PSU is absolute junk and shouldn't be used even if it wasn't crashing.

Cooler Master MWE 550 Bronze V2 230v, 80 Plus Bronze Certified, Non-Modular Power Supply – Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08H5QR9FL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_MG1KKH5BQXWE3GQY9J9P

Unfortunately, the 230V-only one is not a good PSU.

Buy a good PSU once rather than several mediocre-to-junk PSUs several times and possibly need to replace components too.

Unfortunately a good power supply will cost you a bit up front. But in the case of my power supply, which is a Corsair RM850x, it cost $150 dollars US, plus taxes, I'm not sure what that works out to in your currency, but that comes with a 10 year warranty, so it tells you about the quality difference if a company is willing to warranty for that long.

That's not to say you need an 850 watt power supply, but buying cheap power supplies, you have to be careful, you don't want to mess up your graphics card for example, considering the current market.

Trying to look up something, what about this one. If I'm reading it right, it's on the Tier A list. It's a bit more than the ones you listed, but seems reasonably priced.

https://www.amazon.in/ASUS-heatsink...&s=computers&sprefix=55,computers,244&sr=1-17