[SOLVED] Is My Graphics Card Artifacting?

zebojr

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
Specs:
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Gaming Z 8GB GDDR6
CPU: Intel I7900K 3.6GHz 8 Core

This is the second time this has happened both occasions I was away from my PC and I come back to this. If I just restart it it's fine I've built this PC a month ago and the temperatures are perfectly fine. I want to know what is this? Is this my GPU artifacting?

Link below of the second time this has happened I just restart it from the windows bar while the screens all jiggy
What I think is artifacting but I dont know

(Also to note this GPU doesnt have very positive reviews on Newegg leading me to believe this could be the GPU as well)

Last edited:
Solution
I've never seen a card die like that, so I'm leaning towards either a bad display, or a faulty cable. Try and swap out to a new cable and if you have another display use that and see if the problems happens on there as well.

zebojr

Prominent
Jul 9, 2018
I've never seen a card die like that, so I'm leaning towards either a bad display, or a faulty cable. Try and swap out to a new cable and if you have another display use that and see if the problems happens on there as well.
I'm able to game fine still and everything this has been the 2nd time it's happened idk I just restarted my PC and everything's fine. First time was two weeks ago and I've been gaming on Modern Warfare fine at high settings and safe temps ever since. People have similar bad reviews on this GPU on Newegg with people having artifacting after weeks and having defective replacements leading me to believe I got the same bad luck as them.