[SOLVED] Is my GT 730 Gddr3 a fake?

Jan 30, 2021
I bought this on lazada, When I install it it was fine then I started to install geforce experience then all I see is 'Installation cannot continue" Then I install gpu-z and it says it ways fake, I see the gf116 in the gpu-z, And when i play a game like Genshin Impact in the lowest settings it's super laggy same as gta v and the red dead redemption 2 is err_gfx_init, I know it was fake, i know it's fermi 2.0, My question is how much vram is this GF116 has? I'll refund this so i can buy a new one again. Here is the link for all the images of the gpu.
View: https://imgur.com/44JHDog
- gpu-z
View: https://imgur.com/IPjCjhC
- front of the gpu
View: https://imgur.com/2u63Df1
- back of the gpu

Solution
Did you actually run a benchmark to see how the mystery card performs compared to an actual GT 730? As was pointed out, if it's something like a GT 545 or 550 Ti utilizing GF116, those cards would generally perform better than a real GT 730, despite being older models. Perhaps they just re-badged the card because the GT 730 is more marketable (mainly for non-gaming uses) these days.

Try running userbenchmark, for example, and share a link to the results page here...
https://www.userbenchmark.com

As for performance, it will undoubtedly be bad in many of today's demanding games, but that applies to an actual GT 730 as well, perhaps even more so, if this card happens to be faster. Realistically speaking, A GT 730 is inadequate...
what you mean?
What CPU do you have? Do you know your PSU wattage and if you have at least one PCIE cable for a GPU? A GT 730 can't really be your only option right?

I'm wondering why you are bothering with such a low end GPU for gaming, especially when RDR2 is only going to run around 5-10fps on a GT 730 DDR3 version and most other games will be in a similar situation of extremely poor performance. If you are upgrading from Intel HD graphics, I could understand that, but it's still barely an upgrade.

well. that card u have is much slower than real 730
what u have is some sort of mobile chip glued to dedicated pcb (GF 705M is closest to what u have)
The GF116 in the OPs fake card is is 50-70% faster than the GF108 the GT 730 would have. Which is why said in my previous post that it was a weird fake. It's possible it's actually a slower card because of the mashup of wrong parts and bios.

Did you actually run a benchmark to see how the mystery card performs compared to an actual GT 730? As was pointed out, if it's something like a GT 545 or 550 Ti utilizing GF116, those cards would generally perform better than a real GT 730, despite being older models. Perhaps they just re-badged the card because the GT 730 is more marketable (mainly for non-gaming uses) these days.

Try running userbenchmark, for example, and share a link to the results page here...
https://www.userbenchmark.com

As for performance, it will undoubtedly be bad in many of today's demanding games, but that applies to an actual GT 730 as well, perhaps even more so, if this card happens to be faster. Realistically speaking, A GT 730 is inadequate for running something like Red Dead Redemption II. It's roughly comparable in performance to the integrated graphics included in Intel's recent CPUs from the last few years, and is well behind the integrated graphics included in some of AMD's recent processors, and some of Intel's upcoming models. Even at 720p resolution at low settings, you would be looking at somewhere around 10-15fps in RDR2 with a GT 730, likely with dips even lower in demanding areas. It was a rather low-end card when it came out 6+ years ago, and it's not going to fare too well in many recent demanding titles, even at low settings.

Personally, I would recommend saving up a bit more for something that performs significantly better, and maybe look at the used market, if necessary. Among newer cards, even relatively low-end models like an AMD RX 570, RX 580 or Nvidia GTX 1060, GTX 1650 or 1650 SUPER should offer nearly 10 times the performance of a GT 730, if not more in some titles.

Unfortunately, prices of graphics cards are really bad at the moment (at least online), due to a major shortage, and that will likely last for a number months. I wouldn't recommend paying much more than $150 USD for any of those cards I listed, but the selling prices are often significantly higher right now. Just a couple months back, you could get something like a used RX 570 for under $100, or a brand new 1650 SUPER for as little as $160, but good luck finding them near those prices now.

Solution
The GF116 in the OPs fake card is is 50-70% faster than the GF108 the GT 730 would have. Which is why said in my previous post that it was a weird fake. It's possible it's actually a slower card because of the mashup of wrong parts and bios.
not really
GT730 has 8 ROPs, 32 TMUs, 384 shaders, pixel rate 7.216GPixel/s, texture rate 28.86Gtexel/s, 697.2GFLOPS, 28GB/s DDR3 128-bit

his card: 8ROPs, 8TMU, 48shaders, pixel rate 1.6GPixel, texture rate 6.5Gtexel/s, about 150GFLOPS, 10.7GB/s DDR3 64bit

even if its GF116 its cut down as much as it could...for mobile/oem market (its 5x slower than gt730)

Last edited:
not really
GT730 has 8 ROPs, 32 TMUs, 384 shaders, pixel rate 7.216GPixel/s, texture rate 28.86Gtexel/s, 697.2GFLOPS, 28GB/s DDR3 128-bit

his card: 8ROPs, 8TMU, 48shaders, pixel rate 1.6GPixel, texture rate 6.5Gtexel/s, about 150GFLOPS, 10.7GB/s DDR3 64bit

even if its GF116 its cut down as much as it could...for mobile/oem market (its 5x slower than gt730)
Based on the the specs listed in GPU-Z, it seem more likely to be a GT 705M as you said before, but mashed together with slow ram and a GPU overclock. I should have looked at the specs closer before saying anything earlier, so that is on me. Ultimately it's an even worse card than I even thought initially.

Jan 30, 2021
Do you know your PSU wattage and if you have at least one PCIE cable for a GPU? A GT 730 can't really be your only option right?

I'm wondering why you are bothering with such a low end GPU for gaming, especially when RDR2 is only going to run around 5-10fps on a GT 730 DDR3 version and most other games will be in a similar situation of extremely poor performance. If you are upgrading from Intel HD graphics, I could understand that, but it's still barely an upgrade.

Yep, i have a low cpu a dual core which can be upgrade to quad core and my psu wattage is 280watts pciex16, I have this sff 7522 A58 G41 pc, which is very low end pc, I don't have enough money to buy a new pc but so I'm trying to upgrade this pc if possible but if not I'll just buy a new pc then after I got enough money.

I have a borrowed graphics card Radeon R5 240 Series which is 1gb and it works for my pc, I wonder if I can run a 2gb graphics card or just really need to buy a new pc.

Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 7522 - P E6300 2.8 GHz Series Specs - CNET - my low end pc

Anyways i'm just gonna buy a new full set pc in any trustworthy stores. Thanks for everything!

Last edited:
Yep, i have a low cpu a dual core which can be upgrade to quad core and my psu wattage is 280watts pciex16, I have this sff 7522 A58 G41 pc, which is very low end pc, I don't have enough money to buy a new pc but so I'm trying to upgrade this pc if possible but if not I'll just buy a new pc then after I got enough money.

I have a borrowed graphics card Radeon R5 240 Series which is 1gb and it works for my pc, I wonder if I can run a 2gb graphics card or just really need to buy a new pc.

Lenovo ThinkCentre A58 7522 - P E6300 2.8 GHz Series Specs - CNET - my low end pc

Anyways i'm just gonna buy a new full set pc in any trustworthy stores. Thanks for everything!
That PC is fine for light office work and web browsing with at least 8GB installed. As a gaming PC, it's barely going to be usable in Red Dead Redemption 2. You are better of buying a new PC.

If you buy another used prebuilt system, try to get a mid tower case, at least i7-2600 as absolute minimum CPU and that the motherboard has a standard 24pin ATX cable and a standard sized ATX PSU like the Corsair CX550. This will give you the option to buy a higher wattage PSU for a used GPU that requires 2x6pin or possibly 2x8pin PCIE cables.

An i7-2600 is really outdated by now, but still a decent CPU for gaming on a low budget and pairs well with an RX 480/580, GTX 970/1060 6GB/1650/1650 Super. You can use faster cards than those and still gain higher fps if it's a GPU biased game. The i7-2600 Is close in performance to a Ryzen 5 1600 AE (not the newer AF).

Reactions: JustRedy
Jan 30, 2021
That PC is fine for light office work and web browsing with at least 8GB installed. As a gaming PC, it's barely going to be usable in Red Dead Redemption 2. You are better of buying a new PC.

If you buy another used prebuilt system, try to get a mid tower case, at least i7-2600 as absolute minimum CPU and that the motherboard has a standard 24pin ATX cable and a standard sized ATX PSU like the Corsair CX550. This will give you the option to buy a higher wattage PSU for a used GPU that requires 2x6pin or possibly 2x8pin PCIE cables.

An i7-2600 is really outdated by now, but still a decent CPU for gaming on a low budget and pairs well with an RX 480/580, GTX 970/1060 6GB/1650/1650 Super. You can use faster cards than those and still gain higher fps if it's a GPU biased game. The i7-2600 Is close in performance to a Ryzen 5 1600 AE (not the newer AF).

ok, pc with an i7 cpu with a mid tower, ok thanks!!