[SOLVED] is my GTX 760 dead?

Kabe1

Prominent
Jan 18, 2020
Had this GTX 760 for a long while now, have been trying to get it to play games for months but haven't been able to fix it, have tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall plenty of times.

Not 100% sure whats wrong with it, it's outputting display, I'm using a FX 8350 so my CPU does not have integrated graphics
In device manager the GPU displays a warning symbol with error 43, saying windows stopped this device.

GPU outputs video fine but any game that I chuck at it, very simple like Minecraft will run at only a few FPS
Is this a hardware issue or is it time to say good bye to my GTX 760

Solution
Had this GTX 760 for a long while now, have been trying to get it to play games for months but haven't been able to fix it, have tried to uninstall drivers and reinstall plenty of times.

Not 100% sure whats wrong with it, it's outputting display, I'm using a FX 8350 so my CPU does not have integrated graphics
In device manager the GPU displays a warning symbol with error 43, saying windows stopped this device.

GPU outputs video fine but any game that I chuck at it, very simple like Minecraft will run at only a few FPS
This depends on a number of factors, one could be you are simply pushing the settings too high for the card and CPU, however, if not, it could...

CS_044

Commendable
Aug 25, 2020

This depends on a number of factors, one could be you are simply pushing the settings too high for the card and CPU, however, if not, it could be that you are missing display drivers or not updated in a long time, also, if you are trying to run the game on a DX version that the card doesn't support, this can also provide an issue.

Solution