[SOLVED] Is My hard drive dying ?

Solution
The raw value of the Reallocation (sic) Sector Count is 0x5F0 (= 1520 decimal).

This means that the drive is developing large numbers of defects and should probably be replaced.

The raw value probably reflects the number of bad LBAs that have been replaced with spares. The actual number of bad physical sectors is most probably 190 (= 1520 / 8).

Other bad attributes are the Reported Uncorrectable Errors (0x3C4 = 964 dec) and the End To End Error Count (0x28F = 655).

This means that the drive is developing large numbers of defects and should probably be replaced.

The raw value probably reflects the number of bad LBAs that have been replaced with spares. The actual number of bad physical sectors is most probably 190 (= 1520 / 8).

Other bad attributes are the Reported Uncorrectable Errors (0x3C4 = 964 dec) and the End To End Error Count (0x28F = 655).

Solution
Nov 13, 2019

So could it be the culprit for my computer completely locking up?

popatim

Titan
Yes, it will come to a standstill when the drive goes to recover a failed sector and then resume normal operation , until the next sector fails and goes to be recovered. Also, consumer drives do not have a time limit on how long they may take so the OS waits for the drive to respond to a request, and it will sit there for a very long time if the drive can't recover the sector but keeps trying.

Nov 13, 2019
Did Seagate drives start reporting Command Timeouts correctly again? I haven't really used a Seagate drive since around 2010
I dont know if i should make a new thread or not but basically i wiped the drive an installed windows 10 on it successfully. I was still having issues so i went an bought a new 1tb seagate hdd. I then attemped to install windows 10 on it an i worked on it all night long. I am getting the windows htteerror code 0x80300002 an nothing seems to work. I have an older motherboard (2011) is it possible its not allowing me to install because i dont have a driver i need ? Im at my wits end here. It was an oem hdd so could it be dead out of the gate ? Also not sure if this is important but i remember trying to create a partition in command prompt an i was getting an i/o error. Thank you sorry tor the wall of text im on my phone

Nov 13, 2019
I believe i may have found the issue to my problem but i dont know how to apply it. I think my motherboard may be so old that it needs drivers to install windows on the new HDD

I was looking at my motherboards drivers my motherboard is from (2011) an i came across this
View: https://imgur.com/a/N8OQZtT

If you sort by windows 10 64 bit the drivers will come up. https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/GA-X79-UP4-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-sataraidahci

So if i do need them to install them for the new hard drive how would i apply them? If its a fresh install