Hello people. I recently finished building my first rig. I have:

i3 8100,
msi b360m mortar,
msi gtx 1060 3gb gamingx,
teamgroup 8gb 2400mhz,
kingston a400 480gb,
seagate barracuda 2tb
corsair vs650 gold

When i first set it up, i was instantly disappointed to see that it wasn't faster in any aspect than my old potato pc. Then, problems started building up. Constant freezing, unusual slowness, not responding in the most banal apps and programs, like task manager and control panel. The boot times were terrible, 3-4 times slower than my old pc. And then, when i started testing games, the mess got messier. Constant freezing (every 10-20 sec) , absolutely constant stuttering and framedrops (every 2-3 seconds), and playing games with something in the background, like an unzip or torrent or installation is out of the question, it simply cant face the pressure. The only thing i managed to enjoy so far with this waste of money is the loading time in games.
I have so much anger and frustration because of this, and also because of the fact that i do not know whats causing this. I ran benchmarks after benchmarks, tests, everything i could find on google and on this forum. Everything looks good on paper.
Until I ran the windows system check utility. In cmd, you type sfc /scannow. My cpu was at 100% sharp, without any drops, the whole process. I ran the same command on my brother's laptop which is using an i7-7700hq, which again, is still slower and weaker on paper than an i3 8100.guess what. His cpu was at 18% the whole time. I then ran the same command on my old potato pc which i mentioned at the beginning, which is rocking an i7-4550u (2 cores, 2 threads, 2.6ghz or smth like that). And again guess what. The cpu was at 36% the whole time.
Should i ask for a refund? Is it because of the windows or anything software wise?
Please help. Im really sad because i just want to enjoy this computer without having to worry about stuff and i also spent a lot of money on it...

Solution
That’s a very old bios by now and definitely worth a look at updating.

... download a real copy of windows from the MS site and try again. You can run it just fine without activating it until you get the cash for a real key.

Edit: also try a different sata cable, sata power, and move it to sata1.

calin.alecsandru

Prominent
Sep 16, 2018
Yes. I installed every driver i found for the msi b360 on the official support page. The only issue i encountered was that i was unable to install the Intel Hd graphics. I tried both the self update utility from intel and manually installing the Intel UHD 620 graphics driver. It simply wouldnt let me

you can't install those graphics drivers because the intel graphics were disabled because you are using a dedicated GPU in the GTX 1060

We all know the integrated graphics are there.
But most motherboards automatically disable them when you install a dedicated graphics card.

calin.alecsandru

Prominent
Sep 16, 2018
Cpu temp is 40c on idle and the highest ive seen under full load is 55c.
I havent updated the bios as its a new mobo, its from 2017.
Windows isnt genuine.
Ssd is connected to sata 2 port, as ive read that the second sata has higher speeds.

That’s a very old bios by now and definitely worth a look at updating.

... download a real copy of windows from the MS site and try again. You can run it just fine without activating it until you get the cash for a real key.

Edit: also try a different sata cable, sata power, and move it to sata1.

Solution
make sure in the bios xmp profile is on so the mb will set the right ram speed. when you download windows from microsoft again after it makes the bootable windows iso. make a folder on it called drivers. the only two you need to install is windows chipset driver and intel mei driver. the ethernet and sound drivers should auto install when you install windows. dont install any of the msi tools or extra software it act like spam on your rig. after you install windows install one of the free anti virus like bit defender or avast. also install malware bytes make sure your rig is clean. after you do a clean install of windows open task manager see how much ram is seen and how much is free. post that screen up here. if you dont have any funds for a windows key look at the windows insider program. if your a windows tester they give you a free key for testing windows.

calin.alecsandru

Prominent
Sep 16, 2018
I managed to solve this by:
Updating bios
Reinstalling windows from official microsoft website without the bloatware version
Changed ssd from sata 2 to sata 1 port.
Now the cpu load is 20-26% while doing sfc /scannow.
Thank you very much guys!

what do you mean by "no bloatware" version? there is only one version of windows 10 offered