Is my internet bad, or is their a hardware issue with my PC? Lagging in games with good ping

phoenixael

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
hello, I am having some problems playing online CSGO, I am getting a lot of lag even though my ping is really good (around 20) I was wondering if it could be a hardware problem? My specs are core I5 4690k with water cooler OC to 4.5 Ghz, 16 gb ddr3 ram, GTX 680, asus z97-ar mobo, with 250 gb ssd, and a 750 watt psu. while in game i can hear a whining noise coming either from my mobo, cpu, or gpu, that is related to how much load CSGO is putting on my system, the whining will increase in pitch when moving alot, or when enemies or friendly are on screen. Was wondering if anybody could help me figure out what is going on?

chaos999

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Put any hardware monitor software on OSD(like msi afterburner) and check the gpu and cpu stats during the game.
If your gpu is having problems, then you can notice it in the OSD.

As for internet, ping spikes might cause lags even though normally ping remains good. If you are using a wired connection though, ping spikes shouldn't occur frequently.

phoenixael

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015

Okay so I switched to my lap top, and everything started working fine, so i assumed it was a hard ware issue with my main comp, but then the lag started on my laptop too 2 days ago. I downloaded fraps, and MSI afterburner, my FPS in game never drops below 100 fps, but i still get stuttering/rubber-banding, is it possilbe there is an internet setting that is causing this, my ping is low as well like i previously mentioned. In afterburner my cpu is under 100% load, my gpu is only around 50%, this is on my laptop, my main pc is watercooled, and CSGO is not an intensive game so i do not think my comps are throttling.

phoenixael

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Okay so I solved it, since i have wireless internet, windows wireless zero configuration was causing the rubberbanding, so i set that to turn on manually and now the lag is gone.