Is my motherboard bad?

jdmstroke

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
I recently bought a MSi z87 X Power motherboard from newegg. Yesterday when it got here I installed it and it seem like I'm not getting anything from the monitor. Now I'm not too sure if my motherboard is bad but I've connected everything. The only thing I'm not sure is that the motherboard have four JPSU plugs 1-24pins, 2-8pins, and 1-6pins and my PSU which is a corsair CX750 only have 1-24pins and 1-8pins so I only plug it into the 24 pins and one of the 8 pins. Do I need to plug the other 8 and the 6 pins JPSU too or is it just for extra power. Anyways when I turn on my computer everyone works CPU fans, case fans, I hear my harddrive and everything looks normal but I'm not getting anything on the monitor. So I thought that it could be my rams because I was using some old dual channel kit from my dad old computer, but shouldn't it make a beeping noise? Since I plugged in the speaker wires in the case. So I took off the rams and start the computer but there was no beeping noise at all like it should. So I'm not too sure now. I've swap Harddrives and video cards. Could it possibly be my processor too? I have a i7 4790k LGA 1150.

jdmstroke

Reputable
Jul 25, 2014
Yeah I think there was a bent pin imma send it back and try to get a replacement. I opened it up and checked it there seems to be a bend pins. Thanks a lot for the help.