[SOLVED] Is my motherboard breaking my components?

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
pc specs:
i5 9600k
hyper 212 rgb black edition
MSI bazooka b360m motherboard
4x 16 gb hyper x ddr4
evga super nova 500w

Hello everyone, I got a motherboard a month ago and I just got all the parts to complete a new build. When i finally built the pc I got a light on my motherboard that I had a ram error and boot loop . I then decided to get a new set of ram(corsair vengeance 1x 8g 2666) to make sure the problem was the ram. I tested the new ram I got on an already built working pc and it worked properly, then i put the ram into the broken pc and It still didn't work. I tried putting the new ram into my working pc just to give it a performance boost but the ram had made the motherboard from the working pc light up with a ram error. Im not sure what to do as I now have have 5 ram sticks that dont work due to this problem.

Solution
Thanks for replying, I did not see any bad pins or bad contact and have just realizes that the ram slot on my working computer that i put that "bad" ram into now doesn't work with any other ram.
Need to reset CMOS every time you change components like RAM.
pc specs:
i5 9600k
hyper 212 rgb black edition
MSI bazooka b360m motherboard
4x 16 gb hyper x ddr4
evga super nova 500w

Hello everyone, I got a motherboard a month ago and I just got all the parts to complete a new build. When i finally built the pc I got a light on my motherboard that I had a ram error and boot loop . I then decided to get a new set of ram(corsair vengeance 1x 8g 2666) to make sure the problem was the ram. I tested the new ram I got on an already built working pc and it worked properly, then i put the ram into the broken pc and It still didn't work. I tried putting the new ram into my working pc just to give it a performance boost but the ram had made the motherboard from the working pc light up with a ram error. Im not sure what to do as I now have have 5 ram sticks that dont work due to this problem.
Check CPU socket for bent pins and or bad contacts, memory controller is located in the CPU and that's often a source f memory problems.

ouziz

Prominent
Apr 14, 2019
Check CPU socket for bent pins and or bad contacts, memory controller is located in the CPU and that's often a source f memory problems.
Thanks for replying, I did not see any bad pins or bad contact and have just realizes that the ram slot on my working computer that i put that "bad" ram into now doesn't work with any other ram.