[SOLVED] Is my motherboard compatible with a 2060?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you already had a 1050 working, the 2060 uses the same interface so it should work.
However, the 2060 uses much more power than the 1050. You will need a decent PSU for the 2060 to work. What psu do you have? there is a sticker on the side.

PCIe x16 is what the 1050 is plugged into.

Agree about PSU, it’s highly likely it needs upgrading to safely run a 2060. Upgrading the psu may not be straight forward as HP often used proprietary connectors.

Also while it will work with a i7 2600 it is an 8 1/2 year old cpu. If running 1080p or even 1440p then in cpu heavier games you won’t get FPS you see in benchmarks/reviews that use a modern high end CPU’s so manage your expectations. Also how much RAM do you have, ideally you want 16gb.

Reactions: NightHawkRMX
The I7 and motherboard will work, but sometimes the older CPU will hold the card back a bit. Thats all.

You need to make sure your power supply is of decent quality, has enough wattage, and has the proper connectors to make the RTX 2060 work in your system. If your psu doesnt have the right connectors, the system may not boot at all.

To be honest even if the psu is of sufficient wattage and quality (unlikely) if it is as old as the cpu then I’d still upgrade it. PSU’s deteriorate with time and usage, I personally wouldn’t risk a new gpu like the 2060 on such an old psu. Now would be a good time to get a high quality unit with sufficient wattage and a warranty for protection.

Jul 14, 2019
So here is the sticker on my PSU, (sorry for <Mod Edit> quality) I think it says it has 320 wattage, but ive found a PSU for $60 with like 600 wattage so I think I'll upgrade.

20190714_225516.jpg

Also I have 16GB ram so i'm fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.