Question Is my motherboard compatible with rx570 or rx580

Sep 22, 2019
My PC is old and have been running it like this for a few years and now that i cant really play alot of modern titles i am thinking of upgrading my graphics card to a rx 570 or rx 580
My specs are:
Motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (2AEO)
Processor: AMD A10-5700
PSU: EVGA 500 W1 80 PLUS
GPU: GTX 650 ti 1gb oc
Thank you for anyone who responds

Yes, it is compatible, however, with that platform you are going to be severely CPU limited as that Trinity quad core is a turd and is going to be a significant bottleneck for the 580. It would be somewhat more evenly matched with the 570, but it will still be a limitation.

I'll tell you this as well. If you have ANY plans to upgrade your platform, meaning the CPU, motherboard and memory, at some point in the next year or two, then it might be a good idea to go with the RX 580 anyhow but if you do so you will definitely need to upgrade the PSU as that unit is not only lacking in the capacity required for that card, but it's a poor quality model as well. The B1, N1 and W1 EVGA power supplies are not recommended for use with gaming systems. In fact, I don't recommend them at all to be honest. If you want an EVGA power supply I'd stick to the G2, G3, GQ, G5, P2 or T2 units. Even a BT or BQ unit, while still not very good, would be better than any of those first three I mentioned.

In addition to the EVGA units I mentioned as being good quality, I'd consider the Seasonic Focus or Focus plus, Corsair TX, RMx or HX units or the Antec High current gamer or Earthwatts Gold models.