Is my motherboard dead?

aliensarecoming

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
Hello!

I own a ASUS m5a78l-m/USB3, and have done for a little while. I have updated the BIOS on it many times, on windows 7, 32bit. I noticed today that a new revision was released (1801, up from 1503). I attempted to use ASUSUpdate for allowing a BIOS update through windows, as I had done in the past. However, I didn't realise that a 64bit windows installation wouldn't agree with it.

I now have a bricked (?) board, which fails to boot and POST. I've tried copying the old and new BIOS rom across to a memory stick, and CD (for crashfreebios3, which does not work), I've tried clearing CMOS, removing the battery, removing a ram stick, my graphics card; I've tried a VGA monitor and removing all of my other peripherals from the computer, but it still fails to boot, let alone display anything on screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I've tried everything. I understand I could return the board, and that there is not a removable BIOS chip.

Thanks in advance.

aliensarecoming

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012

Thanks also for the quick reply!

I've lost my copy of the CD my motherboard came with. Is there anywhere I can download another?

TRENDING THREADS