Question Is my Motherboard dumb?

DanyBoy90

Prominent
May 21, 2017
Hey guys, I been having some problems with my PC as of now. On rare ocasions, when I turn it on (lets say, 5-10% of the time) it just freezes and doesn't let me do absolutely anything, forcing me to hard reset it. It's a little different every time, sometimes its just like its loading (mouse cursor with a circle shape) and others it just doesn't let me open any programs. Funny thing, I had a couple of this freezes in a row, where I turn off the PC and the next time it happened again. The last time it happened, I opened the Bios and it froze in the Bios (mouse and keyboard weren't recognized but the clock was functioning as normal). When I restarted it, my PC froze on the Bios two more times. The fourth time the Bios was functioning like normal, as if nothing happened before. I tried a couple more times and it also was working normally.

This type of behaviour by my PC led me to belive that my Motherboard has something wrong with it, but to be fair I now very little about Motherboards. I also suspected of my PSU, but my PC don't froze or act like crazy in a middle of a session, it's just when I turn it on that this problem appears. Maybe this is not correlated but half a year ago my main HDD (where I installed my programs before a bought my SSDs) just died, and my PC wouldn't pass the Bios until I removed it.

[Edit: I forgot to mention that I have all my drivers updated]

Is there someone out there that have an idea what it could be? Is my MB crazy? :(

Here's my specs:

CPU | AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor | $143.89 @ OutletPC
Motherboard | MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard |-
Memory | Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory | $146.12 @ Amazon
Storage | Kingston - SSDNow UV400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $60.39 @ Amazon
Storage | Kingston - A400 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $59.99 @ Adorama
Storage | Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $59.89 @ OutletPC
Storage | Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $59.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card | Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB AMP! Edition Video Card | $329.99 @ Newegg
Case | Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400 TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case | $79.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Corsair - CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply | $29.99 @ Newegg