chancemitchell

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
CPU: 3700x
GPU: EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA
PSU: GOLD SEASONIC 850W
RAM: 32GB 3200mhz DDR4
MOBO: AORUS ELITE WIFI x570

I rebuilt my PC in a new case because my GPU didn't fit and I didn't love my old case. After getting everything installed and starting my PC it loaded normally but had no display. I reseated everything double check my wiring, checked my cpu, ram, gpu, etc everything is good. After playing with it for a while I installed my old gpu and the display came up instantly. This had me concerned somehow my new GPU fried but my new GPU had no issues in my old case. I reinstalled my gpu and tada now the display came up. This makes me think all my ram, mobo, and so on are just fine. Problem is I'm still experiencing weird issues. I tried playing COD and my internet randomly dropped, and then after restarting the display wouldn't come back on. After finally getting the display back on I tried COD again and it wasn't playing well and eventually I crashed with a blue screen that said memory management. My RAM is properly seated and has never had any issues. Does anybody have any idea what could be going on or even what component is giving me the issues? Now my PC is booted by if I open discord or COD the mouse begins to freeze and then skip over and over. On discord my microphone was full of static and was freezing just like my mouse. All of these issues lead me to think my MOBO is failing. but I didn't have any issues transferring the MOBO from my old case to my new one. Does this sound like a MOBO issue? With all of these different things failing I am concerned.

Are you CERTAIN that you installed ONLY the required number of standoffs for mounting the motherboard to the motherboard tray, and that they were ALL lined up EXACTLY with the motherboard mounting holes? No extra standoffs or standoffs that did not line up exactly with the motherboard holes? And no motherboard mounting holes that were MISSING a standoff?

If you are in doubt, about anything, not just the standoffs, then I'd recommend taking it all back out of the case and bench testing it to determine if the problem is related to the installation in the case, or something regarding the case's electronics (Front I/O, cabling, etc.) or is strictly related to some component.

But before that, it's probably a good idea to TRIPLE check everything listed here:

chancemitchell

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016
Are you CERTAIN that you installed ONLY the required number of standoffs for mounting the motherboard to the motherboard tray, and that they were ALL lined up EXACTLY with the motherboard mounting holes? No extra standoffs or standoffs that did not line up exactly with the motherboard holes? And no motherboard mounting holes that were MISSING a standoff?

If you are in doubt, about anything, not just the standoffs, then I'd recommend taking it all back out of the case and bench testing it to determine if the problem is related to the installation in the case, or something regarding the case's electronics (Front I/O, cabling, etc.) or is strictly related to some component.

But before that, it's probably a good idea to TRIPLE check everything listed here:

I unplugged everything took the mobo out, standoffs are good installed it back perfectly aligned with standoffs. Plugged everything back in. I had some cables in the back in contact with the back of the motherboard could they have been and issue? Also now my motherboard light doesn’t turn on and it barely blinks blue. The computer is completely dead now.

chancemitchell

Reputable
Aug 9, 2016

I put everything back into my old case and it runs like brand new. Not glitching or issues with display. Could it be the case?

Solution