[SOLVED] Is my motherboard good to run with my gpu? Nee upgrade

Jul 28, 2020
I just purchased a 11gb nividia geforce 2080ti but i have a gigabyte z370 hd3 motherboard, will that be okay to run a 2080ti with? Or should I upgrade the motherboard

Solution
You are fine with that combo, and that GPU. You do not have a B or H series board, so you are not limited to ram speeds that they would force upon you, which would hurt your gaming performance, with that GPU.
Jul 28, 2020
You are fine with that combo, and that GPU. Only time you are going to see a performance hit, with regards to any modern motherboard, with a 2080ti, is if it is a low end board, that won't allow you to run your ram at its rated speed. Z series boards do not have this limitation, so you are fine. If you had a B or and H series board, then an upgrade would probably be recommended.
Absolutely amazing man, i was stressing for awhile there thinking i messed up with my upgrades, so thats a huge weight of my shoulders man, thank you for taking you time to write that message, highly appreciated man, huuge help!

logainofhades

Titan
No problem! Ram speed used to not be a big deal, with Intel, but it seems modern games it really can. Hence why a 4c/8t, R3 3300x / ddr4 3200 combo can beat a 6c/12t, i5 10400 / ddr4 2666 combo, in games. B, and H, series chipsets limit you to the rated ram speeds, of the CPU, which in your case would have been 2666.

Reactions: evchristie97
Jul 28, 2020
No problem! Ram speed used to not be a big deal, with Intel, but it seems modern games it really can. Hence why a 4c/8t, R3 3300x / ddr4 3200 combo can beat a 6c/12t, i5 10400 / ddr4 2666 combo, in games. B, and H, series chipsets limit you to the rated ram speeds, of the CPU, which in your case would have been 2666.
Yea i have heard afew people tell me that before! I havent fitted my gpu, ram & psu yet but i will be come end of week but i’m so glad my board will be good with my gpu, thats the only thing i didnt look into but huge weight Of my shoulders!