Question Is my MSI GTX 770 GPU dead? (Code 43)

Apr 4, 2020
Hi All
Just wondering if anyone can confirm that my GTX 770 GPU has died, or whether anyone has any ideas or advice on getting it to work.
There was no indication that he GPU was failing prior to yesterday when I noticed the display looked different. There was also a message in Windows device manager saying that windows had stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43). On top of that Nvidia GeForce Experience software keep reporting that I have to install same GeForce game ready driver over and over again, but still the Code 43 error displays in device manager.
I personally think there is a hardware failure on the GPU, I'm just wondering if anyone can clarify that this is likely the issue, or whether there are any other options I can try to get it to work.
Any thoughts, comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 6, 2020
Same happened to my MSI 770. And I found other pages with Google on this issue about 7xx cards dying over this two weeks. I think some Windows Update caused to this -I'm afraid "deaths"- of our GPU's. What is the current status of your card?

Apr 4, 2020
My is completely dead. Ubuntu LiveCD would load at all with the GPU in, take the card out and the PC boots the LiveCD fine. I then tried to revert to trying the card back on Windows 10 and it would not even boot to bios, all that happens is that all PC and GPU fans run at max RPM.
I’ve just installed a replacement card, a GTX 760, and everything runs fine again. Cheers for the help.

adamellison88

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Same happened to my MSI 770. And I found other pages with Google on this issue about 7xx cards dying over this two weeks. I think some Windows Update caused to this -I'm afraid "deaths"- of our GPU's. What is the current status of your card?

I'm inclined to agree..... my ASUS GTX 780 dies on Wednesday and I've tried everything but I think its well and good fried.... Odd that so many are dying simultaneously.....