Question Is my new GPU broken? AMD no output

Dec 6, 2023
Hello,
I just got a new rx 6750xt yesterday. The first dp port didnt display anything, but the one next to it worked so i continued and installed the latest driver for it.
My motherboard bios and chipset got the newest updates too. I restarted my pc many times as you can imagine but didnt had any issues so far.
I got 2 driver timeout crashes, when i was undervolting the card in amd adrenaline, but it seemed to run stable at 1150mv.

In a 3min stresstest everything seemed fine too. Temps were around 70°c at their peak.

In Hogwarts Legacy I notice coilwhine for the first time, got scared, but then came to the conclusion that its normal and that even top tier cards tend to do it these days . It was already late and I wanted to continue testing today.
I downloaded another game over night. When i woke up i jumped into cyberpunk for like 3min to see how the new update runs. Again, performance seemed to be fine.

Then I shutdown my pc and when I returned a couple hours later my screen stayed black.
I tried all 3 DP ports and even HDMI, no signal. When I turn the pc on the fans spin at a normal speed and silent. I read some post of other cards that go full throttle in a blackscreen, but mine is always calm. My old monitor didnt help either. I put my old gpu in and it worked immediatly. I removed the drivers with DDU and put the new card back in. still blackness on every port. The backup bios on my card did the same. Nothing on my card or the PCIE looks to be damaged. I cant smell anything burned either.

As a last effort i did a clean windows install and tried the card one last time. still nothing and now I'm here :(

It's my first amd gpu, Am I that unlucky to get a broken one or am I just stupid and dont see the obvious?

I shut my pc down when everything is ok, come back and the card is dead? How? :(

Thanks in advance, If anyone took the time to stumble through and make sence of my broken english

Ryzen5 5600x
XFX RX 6750XT 319 Quick
Aorus B550M Pro-P
16gb Trident Z 3800mhz
Lexar SSD 500gb (450gb free)
1TB HDD (400gb free)
psu: bequiet 650w (meets the requirements from XFX and is barely over a year old) even if the psu is slightly underpowered, it all worked fine for a couple hours and shouldnt the card at least put a signal out in bios?

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

This GPU?

RX6750XT

Recommended PSU being 700 watts.

TRENDING THREADS