Question Is my new GPU defective?

Jun 6, 2020
Bought a newly built PC it has the latest drivers, ever since it has been having micro-stutters every now on then, but it seems to be getting worse now.

Is there any test I could to in order to check if the GPU is defective?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime A320M-K
Adata XPG Gammix D10 8 GB DDR4 2660 - two of them
EVGA 600W 80 Plus
SSD M.2 Adata SX6000 Lite 1TB
Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SuperDUAL EVO OC 6 GB

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Bought a newly built PC it has the latest drivers, ever since it has been having micro-stutters every now on then, but it seems to be getting worse now.

Is there any test I could to in order to check if the GPU is defective?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Asus Prime A320M-K
Adata XPG Gammix D10 8 GB DDR4 2660 - two of them
EVGA 600W 80 Plus
SSD M.2 Adata SX6000 Lite 1TB
Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SuperDUAL EVO OC 6 GB

Hi @some.gabriel,

Looks like this is a duplicate post. Did any of the other replies help from your original question?

How long have you had the PC for? I ask because I would advise you to return it (if possible) and upgrade to a beefier motherboard. Especially if you're running a 3K series Ryzen. If you can't return it, then I'd advise you save up for a minimum B450 series mobo. Even better if you could get your hands on an X470. (or X570 but they are still very costly)

In regards to the GPU, do you have MSI Afterburner installed?

• What version Bios does your mobo have? Newest is 5409.
  • What are your temps?
  • You say it has the newest drivers, did you install them yourself or the newest at the time you bought it? Have you tried an older GPU driver?
  • When do the micro-stutters happen?
  • Is anything OC'd and what speed do you have the RAM running at?
  • Have you tried running with just 1 stick of RAM and did the RAM come as a kit or did it have 8GB and you added another 8GB?
  • What OS are you running? Win7? Win10? Linux?

A little more info please.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2020
Hi @some.gabriel,

Looks like this is a duplicate post. Did any of the other replies help from your original question?

How long have you had the PC for? I ask because I would advise you to return it (if possible) and upgrade to a beefier motherboard. Especially if you're running a 3K series Ryzen. If you can't return it, then I'd advise you save up for a minimum B450 series mobo. Even better if you could get your hands on an X470. (or X570 but they are still very costly)

In regards to the GPU, do you have MSI Afterburner installed?

• What version Bios does your mobo have? Newest is 5409.
  • What are your temps?
  • You say it has the newest drivers, did you install them yourself or the newest at the time you bought it? Have you tried an older GPU driver?
  • When do the micro-stutters happen?
  • Is anything OC'd and what speed do you have the RAM running at?
  • Have you tried running with just 1 stick of RAM and did the RAM come as a kit or did it have 8GB and you added another 8GB?
  • What OS are you running? Win7? Win10? Linux?
A little more info please.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Last thread didn't got much of an answer. I've had my computer for about 5 months now, I got this motherboard since it was in my price range. Why should I change it?

I don't have MSI Afterburner installed.

• I got the latest mobo version.
  • CPU temps are around 65C while playing RDR2 according to Ryzen Master.
  • I got the latest drivers from Geforce Experience, I haven't tried older drivers.
  • Micro-stutters happen randomly both while gaming and watching youtube videos, that's the only things I use my PC for, for the most part so I am not too sure if it could even happen while in the desktop.
  • Nothing is overclocked, I assume the ram is running at 2660 according to task manager. https://prnt.sc/sxntu5
  • I haven't tried running it with just 1 stick, both rams came in two boxes since I got it built but they are the same.
  • I am running the free version of W10