[SOLVED] Is my new PSU dead?

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
My PSU is EVGA 500 BR bronze 80+. It does not turn on and the fans are not working but it powers on my RGB RAM. Thanks for the help.

Solution
@j0hnvher
Ok ... I'm going to assume the computer was working just fine before the PSU was installed. One of three things going on:
  1. The new PSU is broken. Uncommon, but it happens (I'm assuming it was new, not a used item).
  2. Something is installed wrong. You seem pretty confident that everything is where it should be, so probably not.
  3. Something got damaged during the install. Again uncommon, but it happens.
Best thing to do at this point is reinstall the old PSU and see if the computer will start. If it does, then the new PSU is bad and should be returned. If it won't then something else is going on.

j0hnvher

Commendable
Sep 24, 2019
Am I correct that you just installed this power supply? Could you have pulled the connector for the power button out by accident? Are there any LEDs (like a power indicator) on your motherboard lit up?
Well first yes it is. Second, i made sure all is plugged in, and third, unfortunately no there aren’t any lit up LED. Or is there a possibilty that the mobo is the culprit? Thanks for replying.

@j0hnvher
Ok ... I'm going to assume the computer was working just fine before the PSU was installed. One of three things going on:
  1. The new PSU is broken. Uncommon, but it happens (I'm assuming it was new, not a used item).
  2. Something is installed wrong. You seem pretty confident that everything is where it should be, so probably not.
  3. Something got damaged during the install. Again uncommon, but it happens.
Best thing to do at this point is reinstall the old PSU and see if the computer will start. If it does, then the new PSU is bad and should be returned. If it won't then something else is going on.

Reactions: King_V
Solution