Is my open (mesh) topped case a bad idea? Too much dust getting in?

Splatted

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Most of the top of my case is taken up by a grill which I assume is to allow extra airflow through the case, but I'm slightly worried that it may be allowing a lot of dust to fall down inside it. The top does get quite dusty and most cases don't have this feature so do you think this is a good idea? I'm thinking of either covering it completely or rigging up some kind of dust umbrella.

P.s.This is the case I have: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Carbide-Series-Compact-Computer/dp/B009GXZ8MM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399135654&sr=8-2&keywords=corsair+case

Solution
The entire point of the mesh on top was to install FANS up there exhausting air out of the top. You could then turn your rear fan around and make it an intake fan through the existing dust filter as in the front. Or, just tape some cardboard up there and call it good.

einstein43

Honorable
Dec 19, 2013
Hi I have exactly the same case the 200R wonderfull case,big,enough space for just about everything including a truck load of dust!!I only realized this when i bought it you can go with the case but you will have a lot of dust,i put a nice nvidia gtx badge ontop of my mesh.It blocks a lot of the dust,i clean my pc at least once a week!

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
The entire point of the mesh on top was to install FANS up there exhausting air out of the top. You could then turn your rear fan around and make it an intake fan through the existing dust filter as in the front. Or, just tape some cardboard up there and call it good.

Solution

Splatted

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Thanks for the help everyone. The way I have things set up definitely doesn't achieve the positive pressure dust clearing so I think I'm going to go ahead and cover it up.