Is my PC future proof for gaming ?

Itsyaboi

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Not completely sure if I should upgrade my PC or not, I don't believe its powerful enough to last me for another 2 or 3 years.
My specs are

Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.24GB usable)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850

I was thinking about upgrading to an GTX 680 or another 7850 for cross fire,and an i5 4670k but I'm not sure if that's really necessary. If you think I should consider upgrading please let me know any budget parts that would give me a good price/performance ratio.Thanks.

Solution
Honestly, there's no point in wasting money in trying to future proof your system because it will eventually get out-dated and then you'll have to waste even more money. I'll just wait until you actually need to upgrade.

Itsyaboi

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014

They are running at about 60fps on high 1920x1080 resolution but does that really determine the effect next gen games will have on my pc ? I cant play games that haven't released yet, I'm just wondering if I will have to set all my graphical settings to low or even lower my resolution when games like watch dogs or maybe even GTA V release. I prefer to have my games at high/ultra with around 50-60 fps with 1920x1080 resolution so if I have to resort to lowering my settings for performance I'd just rather spend some money to upgrade.