[SOLVED] Is my pc low end, mid end, or high end

empororlinox90

Commendable
Oct 6, 2021
My specs:
Core i5-7600 Intel
3,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

GPU:AMD Radeon Pro 575 4GB (workstation GPU)
Memory:
8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
(edit because of a previous reply: The highest quality game i played is called Age of Empires 3 definitive Edition or just look up aoe3 DE
i play on max graphics, 2560x1440 resolution.

Last edited:
Solution
Quad-core without SMT and 8GB RAM are definitely (very) low-end by today's standards, you almost can't buy a new PC that slow today as even the i3s and entry-level Ryzen have SMT. Today's mid-range for CPU and RAM are 6C12T with 16GB. High-end would be 8+ cores and 32+GB of 3200-16 or faster memory.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Search up "Age of empires 3 Definitive Edition" i play on 2560x1440 resolution on max graphics and itspretty smooth

It's not a particularly difficult game to run and the recommended system spec to run this remaster -- not just the required specs -- is budget equipment from a decade ago. It's a very basic rig, so I'd classify it as low-end, but I'm not sure what the point of such a classification is. What does it matter what arbitrary grouping of PCs this falls into? Either the PC meets your need or it doesn't. And if it does, then who cares whether it's a PC with a modern CPU and a 30 series GPU or a Pentium 133?

Reactions: kurdtnz and XPooka

InvalidError

Titan
Quad-core without SMT and 8GB RAM are definitely (very) low-end by today's standards, you almost can't buy a new PC that slow today as even the i3s and entry-level Ryzen have SMT. Today's mid-range for CPU and RAM are 6C12T with 16GB. High-end would be 8+ cores and 32+GB of 3200-16 or faster memory.

Reactions: XPooka
Solution