Gainward RTX 2080 Ti Phoenix
16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz RGB Pro
XPG GAMMIX S11 1 TB
Seagate Barracuda 2 TB
Corsair CX650 80 Plus Bronze
Corsair 175r
Corsair H100i Platinum
Corsair ML140 RGB

Originally, I built this PC using a Ryzen 5 3600 and a RTX 2060, but got some good deals and upgraded both CPU and GPU.

I usually stream and play CoD Warzone at 1080p and can't get good FPS on both online and offline.
Offline: 140
Online: 110

My friend who has a 5700 XT is able to stream at 140+ FPS using x264.
Some benchmarks on Youtube shows Warzone at 160+ FPS offline.

I guess the system is underperforming due RAM speed. I tried to OC the RAM to 3200Mhz using DRAM Calculator for Ryzen, but was not able to make it work. I am stuck at 2933Mhz dua channel.

Some Benchmarks and Temps:

View: https://imgur.com/a/E2h5LV8
(last set of Temps is related to the benchmark below:)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/34696169

Solution
Have you got the ram running in XMP mode? If not try that.

I don't see your PC underperforming really. Although the temps at full load of 75 with an AIO seem high for me.

On a side note, I'd want a much better PSU in that system with a power hungry 2080ti. They can draw more than 350w at load. sometimes more, depending on the model. Although a 650w is enough for the system, if you overclock the CPU/GPU, your PSU might let you down. I'd want a Gold rated quality unit in that system.

In terms of ram speeds, there is very little difference between 2933mhz and 3200mhz. Most of the benefit with Ryzen comes from going from 2400 to 3200, the increase in performance can be as much as 10-15% task dependent. If your settings with Dram Calc...
Have you got the ram running in XMP mode? If not try that.

I don't see your PC underperforming really. Although the temps at full load of 75 with an AIO seem high for me.

On a side note, I'd want a much better PSU in that system with a power hungry 2080ti. They can draw more than 350w at load. sometimes more, depending on the model. Although a 650w is enough for the system, if you overclock the CPU/GPU, your PSU might let you down. I'd want a Gold rated quality unit in that system.

In terms of ram speeds, there is very little difference between 2933mhz and 3200mhz. Most of the benefit with Ryzen comes from going from 2400 to 3200, the increase in performance can be as much as 10-15% task dependent. If your settings with Dram Calc aren't stable, I wouldn't worry too much, and just leave them as they are.

Rather than change lots of timings etc with Dram Calc, I'd start off leaving all timings on auto, and simply bumping the mem speed up a strap or two. Making sure to leave the voltage at 1.35v. See how it boots with timings on auto. If it boots, you can then change timings manually. You may not be able to get the same timings as XMP profile, but most DIMMS can overlock at least one strap if done right.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution