Question Is my performance down to my motherboard?

Supafly666

Commendable
Feb 18, 2019
Good Morning all,

I've recently been having issues with my build, I've just upgraded to an rtx 2080 got a fresh install of windows 10 but I seem to be suffering from quite a severe performance loss.

I have

RoG Crosshair Hero vi
Ryzen 7 1800x
16GB Ram
RTX 2080

My temps are usually around 30 degrees, but after only testing it a little it got to around 50 ish.
I had benchmarked the GPU using Heaven but my scores are only a little bit better than when i had the 1070ti, In low to medium settings im getting around 350-420 fps but score is 5500-5900

I was doing some research last night into the power settings etc. And since then I have changed my power plan to "ultimate performance" and my bios settings to "Asus Optimal" rather than normal. But now i have noticed my PC freezing up around a minute of getting to desktop.

All my parts are brand new except for the motherboard, I previously had the aorus x370 gaming 5 (I think) and that was a top board. That booted to desktop in around 40 seconds, but this crosshair seems to take ages.

Ive read that it shouldnt be the CPU throttling due to the 1800x being a decent cpu. I used Cinebench last night and the scores were all over the place, sometimes it would be high, sometimes low. I used another benchmark which said my CPU, GPU, SSD and RAM are underperforming.

With just spending out for the 2080 im a bit skint now, so looking for any kind of help or advice which may help me get the performance i should be.

Chaingunchris

Honorable
Jul 29, 2014
It’s not your motherboard. If anything it could be your memory. Ryzen processors Depend heavily on memory speed. You can also overclock the processor itself if you feel that it’s not fast enough for your graphics card. Do you know off the top of your head how fast the memory speed is of your 16 GB Set?