Is my Power Supply good enough

ninjaninja12341234

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
My power supply is https://www.amazon.de/Ultron-UN550G-Netzteil-Version-schwarz/dp/B001IR9PNC
i think my GTX 560 Ti died because of my psu (or because of overheating i don't really know because the pc did shut down while playing)
Is it a good power supply, and if it gets to hot will it shut down to prevent damage?
i have it since December 2016
My components are :
GPU gtx 1050 Ti
CPU i5 6500
irRuUk3.png

Solution
It’s an ancient PSU without even APFC. It doesn’t list its protections anywhere, so I doubt it has OTP (Over Temperature Protection). Your computer could be crashing due to unstable voltages delivered by your current PSU.
I recommend upgrading to a good PSU.
In Europe, good budget options include the be Quiet Pure Power 10 400, Corsair CX450(m), Corsair Vengeance. Or if you can’t afford those, the Xilence Performance A+. All of which are good quality and have a set of protections.

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
It’s an ancient PSU without even APFC. It doesn’t list its protections anywhere, so I doubt it has OTP (Over Temperature Protection). Your computer could be crashing due to unstable voltages delivered by your current PSU.
I recommend upgrading to a good PSU.
In Europe, good budget options include the be Quiet Pure Power 10 400, Corsair CX450(m), Corsair Vengeance. Or if you can’t afford those, the Xilence Performance A+. All of which are good quality and have a set of protections.

Solution

ninjaninja12341234

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018

will it damage anything if i still keep it for a month or 2 until i get some money and then change to Corsair CX450M?

A PSU like that could go anytime and take other parts with it.