[SOLVED] Is my power supply good enought for my build?

Jun 21, 2020
Hi, iTS MY B-DAY SOON AND I AM GETTING AN UPGRADE,

HERE ARE MY SPECS:
MOB: ASUS P8P67
CPU: I5-2500K
GPU: GTX 770
POWER SUPPLY: 80 PLUS SILVER AND 550 WATT

IM UPGRADING MY GPU TO RX 580 8 GB 1350 MHZ

CAN MY PSU HANDLE IT???

ANSWER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE PLEASE!!

Solution
D
Do you guys think a aerocool

So what good cheap powersupply would you guys recomend? Please under 70$
Corsair CX 550M (2017 Gray "CX" units, not green) would be the best you can get, and it's still a bit over your limit.

You really cannot cheap out on a power supply.

If you do, then be prepared to also pay for the parts the PSU takes down with it when it dies. Those surely won't be covered by warranty.

Save up, and make a good choice, instead of getting buyers' remorse later.

Anything Tier B+ and above on this list is good...
D

Deleted member 2720853

Tell us the exact make and model of your PSU, 80+ rating and wattage mean absolutely nothing when it comes to the quality of a PSU.

Edit: Downvoting out of spite isn't exactly a good practice, either. We want this user to not have any issues if they end up buying this GPU and there's no way to know if the PSU will be decent enough based on wattage and 80+ rating alone. Also, new account made probably just to downvote my reply, huh? That's a new low.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Archaic59
Hi, iTS MY B-DAY SOON AND I AM GETTING AN UPGRADE,

HERE ARE MY SPECS:
MOB: ASUS P8P67
CPU: I5-2500K
GPU: GTX 770
POWER SUPPLY: 80 PLUS SILVER AND 550 WATT

IM UPGRADING MY GPU TO RX 580 8 GB 1350 MHZ

CAN MY PSU HANDLE IT???

ANSWER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE PLEASE!!
@justquant statement is correct. Impossible to know without knowing the brand, model and age of your current PSU. The RX 580 uses less power than GTX 770 so should be ok if you have good quality PSU that's not too old.

Jun 21, 2020
Guys i have bad news. i was just playing fortnite as casual and my game started to crash. black screen all fans full speed and error sound on the headset. i think its cause by the powersupply. let me know fast!

Jun 21, 2020
I’m gonna be honest, then, you kindof deserved this black screen. The one thing you should not cheap out on is a power supply, and it looks like you cheaped out on it. Efficiency rating and wattage don’t mean crap in power supply quality. Do yourself a favor and get a good power supply next time.
I dindt chose the powersupply myself i bought a pc used . Dont blame me for others decissions

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
I searched up the brand
Model > brand every time. Lots of well known brands have bad power supplies.
Take EVGA for example, people think they are a good brand that makes good power supplies, but they have absolute hot garbage power supplies like the N1.
Same with Corsair. They only make at least decent power supplies right? Think again. Their VS series power supplies are not good quality at all.

Jun 21, 2020
Do you guys think a aerocool
Model > brand every time. Lots of well known brands have bad power supplies.
Take EVGA for example, people think they are a good brand that makes good power supplies, but they have absolute hot garbage power supplies like the N1.
Same with Corsair. They only make at least decent power supplies right? Think again. Their VS series power supplies are not good quality at all.
So what good cheap powersupply would you guys recomend? Please under 70$