[SOLVED] Is my PSU broken?

Jul 28, 2019
so the other day I took apart my pc and cleaned it all.
When I put it all back together and turned it on nothing happened except my power supply would make “clicking noises” the red light on my motherboards IO cover (ASUS Z390 h gaming) would light up.
I tested all the cables and made sure they were all connected properly and they was.

i have since taken out my PSU and done the paper clip test and the same clicking noise happened when I put the paper clip in.

so I’m quite sure the PSU is fudged but I just want to be 100% sure so would like to know what you guys think?

Solution
When I put it all back together and turned it on nothing happened except my power supply would make “clicking noises” the red light on my motherboards IO cover (ASUS Z390 h gaming) would light up.
I tested all the cables and made sure they were all connected properly and they was.

i have since taken out my PSU and done the paper clip test and the same clicking noise happened when I put the paper clip in.

so I’m quite sure the PSU is fudged but I just want to be 100% sure so would like to know what you guys think?

I think you mean SF 750?

Check the lot code of the PSU and see if it's one of these: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=197081

When you...

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You didn't do anything to the psu? Mean cleaning and all ...

How old? What make and model? Maybe there is warranty you can use, if you didn't do this yourself that is.

Tried leaving it from the power, maybe if a safety measure is kicking in will it reset after some time, but take it of the power completely for some time and try again.

Jul 28, 2019
You didn't do anything to the psu? Mean cleaning and all ...

How old? What make and model? Maybe there is warranty you can use, if you didn't do this yourself that is.

Tried leaving it from the power, maybe if a safety measure is kicking in will it reset after some time, but take it of the power completely for some time and try again.

I didn’t touch the PSU.
It’s a Corsair SP 750 W and i don’t believe I do have any warranty on it. It’s just over 1 year old.

Ive left it out my PC for 2 days now and it still does the exact same thing. When it’s hooked up to PC. No power just clicks.. when I paper clip test it.. clicks

I think you mean SF 750?

Check the lot code of the PSU and see if it's one of these: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=197081

When you were moving it around, cleaning, etc., the contaminant that was the reason for those failures in the above link might have caused a short.

Solution