[SOLVED] Is my psu compatible with my gpu

RyanTodd1

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2015
Your current PSU might do that.
The Corsair has protections to prevent it.

Don't ever cheap out on the PSU next time.
Completely agree with ChumP - PSU is one of the components you DONT want to cheap out on if any. Like you said it yourself, dont want it to fry your other components!

Check the Corsair TX series too, i have the TX650M. Never failed me ad i think its slightly more reputable than the CX series but at slightly higher cost. Its also fully/semi modular!

:)

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
It wont fry my <Mod Edit> or anything right? Sorry just making sure this is my first pc and kinda ran out of money on the psu

Yes it can... it can be perfectly fine until you get a new PSU or it can blow the next time you start your system. It's up to you to decide what risk you're willing to take. Same goes for other things in life such as driving a car with a known timing chain issue

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I have a gtx 1650 and a electron plus 700 watt psu
Your more then fine my friend. You didn't give us the model and make but 700w should probably give you good ampage on the 12v rail which the GPU needs so you are fine even with a 2xxx series card. One thing is that PSU is a very low tier PSU and I have never heard of that company which is not a good thiong. Still you should be ok but I personally wouldn't trust a no name PSU to power up my entire system. But as I said it will work then one day PSU dies you can buy a good one from Corsair or EVGA or SeaSonic and what not.✝👶👍🙈🎗

You didn't give us the model and make but 700w should probably give you good ampage on the 12v rail

No, it doesn't.

135ca7744359d3d39b5bd4106de2f129.jpg

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ok looks like the ampage is enough on this PSU to power you up and get you going. However sorry to be harsh but this is a very bad company making this PSU. I would not trust it to power up a system with expensive compoenents. However it should still work with your Rig and all should be well. Your fine get the video card and enjoy.🤷‍♀️✝👶🙈🎗

Firstly, post full system specifications: motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU.
Secondly, that is a garbage quality PSU... it's essentially a 280W PSU and not a "700 watt". I suggest you change that thing ASAP with a decent quality model.
It might suffice, lol im running a RTX2060, r5 2600, both overclocked for a few months... with a cx450. And before you say it might degrade over time, yes it will however it was in several pc's from 2017. Not a single issue so it will suffice for a 1650

It might suffice, lol im running a RTX2060, r5 2600, both overclocked for a few months... with a cx450. And before you say it might degrade over time, yes it will however it was in several pc's from 2017. Not a single issue so it will suffice for a 1650

What might suffice I don't get it... he has the lowest of the lows quality 280W PSU.
Your CX450 is light years better than what he has.

I really don't get what are you trying to say here... if it's about the CX450, sure it'll be more than enough for him I said in my earlier comments. I wouldn't advise even turning on his system with his current PSU though.