[SOLVED] Is my PSU creating problems in my hard drive ?

Mar 16, 2019
So the thing is i have been buying new hdds or getting the old ones replaced because my pc starts freezing after a few days of installing OS and other applications on my mechanical 1tb hdd 7200rpm (seagate barracuda) my specs are: i5 2320 , digilite h61m ps3 (motherboard) , 8gb ddr 3 (1333 mhz) , Msi Gtx 1050 OC , Intex 450W psu ( it says " Should not exceed 200W continuously" on the psu ) So could it be my liw power cheap psu causing problems to my hdds ? (My hdd led stops blinkin when the pc freezes incase youll wondering how i know its the hdd causing freezing problems) sometimes it also happens while booting and i literally cant play any games (413W is required accoding to coolermaster watt calculator) so is the 413W required according to coolermaster to run my pc is not being provided to my pc due to my 450W (peak) but 200W (continous) psu ?

Solution
Replace the psu asap.
The problem with a cheap psu is that over time, it will deteriorate.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
If it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

You can safely buy any...
Replace the psu asap.
The problem with a cheap psu is that over time, it will deteriorate.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It will not have safety and overload protections.
If it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

You can safely buy any Seasonic replacement psu and be assured of good quality.

Reactions: Fl1x
Solution