Question Is my PSU failing?

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
I have a client who's monitor has an orange screen with white vertical lines on it. When she told me, it seemed like an issue with the cable she was using to connect the monitor to the desktop which was DVI-D, so I asked if she has an HDMI port on her desktop and she unfortunately does not. Only dvi and VGA. So I told her to use a VGA cable and she did, when she turned on the desktop, and a sign said "Monitor going to sleep" then turned off. With the dvi connected she could use it but the screen looked god awful, with the vga, the desktop turns off. Is it a psu issue? I have no specs of the desktop.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubelshooting nature, it's customary to include it's full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, include the age of the PSU and the version of the OS(if Windows 10) that you're working with. Often times it's possible that the drivers may be corrupt.

If I were you, I'd also try and work with the GPU on a donor system with ample power to the system's disposal before pinning the issue to one component in the system.

aarono123

Commendable
Jul 14, 2019
Se
When posting a thread of troubelshooting nature, it's customary to include it's full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

To add, include the age of the PSU and the version of the OS(if Windows 10) that you're working with. Often times it's possible that the drivers may be corrupt.

If I were you, I'd also try and work with the GPU on a donor system with ample power to the system's disposal before pinning the issue to one component in the system.
See I would list the specs but i haven't been able to take a look at the computer. It is older, not too sure if it uses windows 10. I'll check the drivers on the dvi cable. Usually yes I post specs but again I haven't had a deep look at the computer.

TRENDING THREADS