[SOLVED] is my psu powerful enough?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
Hi, i have a 450 W PSU and my curently specs are :
i5 4460
8gb ram
amd rx 560 2gb
1 tb hdd
250 GB ssd
I want to upgrade my specs and buy a gtx 1060 3 GB and add another 8 RAM but im not sure if my PSU can handle the new components, help?

Solution
The Corsair CV units are just a glorified version of the VS series. Not a good unit, IMHO. The TX650M get's my vote from this list:
or any Seasonic unit,
but has to have 650W if you plan to upgrade past the GTX1060. If you plan to stick with the parts you have, 550W will do you plenty. Again, more wattage will mean you holding onto the PSU for a longer period of time and allow you to drop in more hardware down the road.

Lutfij

Titan
The Corsair CV units are just a glorified version of the VS series. Not a good unit, IMHO. The TX650M get's my vote from this list:
or any Seasonic unit,
but has to have 650W if you plan to upgrade past the GTX1060. If you plan to stick with the parts you have, 550W will do you plenty. Again, more wattage will mean you holding onto the PSU for a longer period of time and allow you to drop in more hardware down the road.

Solution
D

Deleted member 2720853

vtmB10

Honorable
Mar 11, 2017
or any Seasonic unit,
Is this one a good choice?

bignastyid

Titan
Should be OK. more than enough for your upgrade with room for more.

Corsair CX-F is superior to Seasonic Core. Better platform, better fan.

D

Deleted member 2720853

Reactions: jonnyguru