Question Is my RAM compatible with my Motherboard? Why does my PC not work?

Nov 25, 2022
Hello guys,

I recently bought some parts to upgrade my pc but after doing a test-run to access BIOS I got no signal via gpu. Even after reseating cpu and ram the problem remained and updating bios via flash usb didn't help either. I just haven't been able to get a signal on any of my monitors. I was clueless what could possibly the reason other than hardware failure and dug therefore deeper and found a gigabyte list with compatible Ram for the mobo. I haven't been able to find my RAM. Could this be the reason for no signal?

I'm thankful for help.

cpu: 5800x3d
gpu: xfx rx6800
mobo: b550 aorus elite v2 (rev 1.0)
ssd: KC3000 1tb
cooler: noctua nh-d15
case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
psu: Pure Power 11FM 750W
Ram: F4-3600C18D-32GVK

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello guys,

I recently bought some parts to upgrade my pc but after doing a test-run to access BIOS I got no signal via gpu. Even after reseating cpu and ram the problem remained and updating bios via flash usb didn't help either. I just haven't been able to get a signal on any of my monitors. I was clueless what could possibly the reason other than hardware failure and dug therefore deeper and found a gigabyte list with compatible Ram for the mobo. I haven't been able to find my RAM. Could this be the reason for no signal?

I'm thankful for help.

cpu: 5800x3d
gpu: xfx rx6800
mobo: b550 aorus elite v2 (rev 1.0)
ssd: KC3000 1tb
cooler: noctua nh-d15
case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
psu: Pure Power 11FM 750W
Ram: F4-3600C18D-32GVK
Since you said "upgrade" did you update the BIOS prior to swapping CPUs ? You need at least BIOS version F10 to support that CPU.
Although if you look at the release notes on the BIOS download page it shows BIOS F15a has updates for that exact CPU.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Since you said "upgrade" did you update the BIOS prior to swapping CPUs ? You need at least BIOS version F10 to support that CPU.
Although if you look at the release notes on the BIOS download page it shows BIOS F15a has updates for that exact CPU.
The F15a is the support update for the 5800X3D, the F10 was likely for the earlier versions of the ryzen 5000 series.

Is there the question to what bios did TurboLukas try to update and did he do it the right way?